If DCI were to allow woodwinds, would you continue to support the acti

Woodwinds Poll  

399 members have voted

1. 1. If DCI were to allow woodwinds, would you continue to support the activity (got to shows, donate on a financial level)

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure, depends on how the rule is written.

God, I really hope not. They are the ones not willing to productively contribute, hence the walking away.

no they were the ones helping pay the bills the DCi directors now say they are having problems paying.

New Coke sucked...and people stopped buying Coke. GM had all kinds of issues and people stopped buying GM cars.

if you change stuff enough to where more and more people don't like it, you'l see people stop buying. again, common business sense, something not often found in drum corps.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no they were the ones helping pay the bills the DCi directors now say they are having problems paying.

New Coke sucked...and people stopped buying Coke. GM had all kinds of issues and people stopped buying GM cars.

if you change stuff enough to where more and more people don't like it, you'l see people stop buying. again, common business sense, something not often found in drum corps.

At this point, it's too simplistic to say that the product is the only reason people are leaving, and there is no credible statistical analysis to support that claim (polls on DCP do not count).

At this point, it's too simplistic to say that the product is the only reason people are leaving, and there is no credible statistical analysis to support that claim (polls on DCP do not count).

Simplistic? While I am a trader, and spend a significant amount of time analyzing data, one thing I always tell the young kids who come to the street with these great educations, and want to analyze the life out of something - sometimes the answer is right in front of you, and it is not necessary to run a bunch of analytical models to see it. The people that make the most just see it, and move on it before the trade is gone.

Well, in this case I think a large part of the answer is right in front of everyone, and the "trade" is going to be past us if the powers don't recognize and act on it. Jeff said it best with the Coke and GM analogy - fix the product and it will have a much better chance of survival. Keep the product on the current path, and it is sure to fail at some point.

What does count then? Obviously there aren't any polls to support one way or the other. But saying, "I'm not wrong because you can't prove it!" goes nowhere. How many people have to dispute what you're saying before you take it into consideration? (polls on DCP do not count) So what polls do count? Just the ones that agree with your point of view? You keep implying that everyone but you has a closed mind. It seems that you are very closed to different opinions.

What does count then? Obviously there aren't any polls to support one way or the other. But saying, "I'm not wrong because you can't prove it!" goes nowhere. How many people have to dispute what you're saying before you take it into consideration? (polls on DCP do not count) So what polls do count? Just the ones that agree with your point of view? You keep implying that everyone but you has a closed mind. It seems that you are very closed to different opinions.

It doesn't count because it's not a good sample of the drum corps audience population. A drum corps audience population is diverse, and DCP really isn't.

It doesn't count because it's not a good sample of the drum corps audience population. A drum corps audience population is diverse, and DCP really isn't.

Once again, you are suggesting we do a scientific analysis to determine our path - Get out of academia and get to the real world. DCP is a HUGE planet as far as our activity goes, and I would bet the budget of the Blue Devils that a proper statistical sampling would produce a similar result as you see here unscientifically. Unfortunately, as I said earlier - the train will have left the depot by the time you finish conducting your survey.......

And please don't mistake my comments for disregarding your opinion. I respect it, and love that you can express it. I also love that I can argue against it

Who wants to change drum corps into something else? Change it to football? Baseball? Bocce?

I think the answer you left out is ....... :dontgetit: band :confused:

Once again, you are suggesting we do a scientific analysis to determine our path - Get out of academia and get to the real world. DCP is a HUGE planet as far as our activity goes, and I would bet the budget of the Blue Devils that a proper statistical sampling would produce a similar result as you see here unscientifically. Unfortunately, as I said earlier - the train will have left the depot by the time you finish conducting your survey.......

And please don't mistake my comments for disregarding your opinion. I respect it, and love that you can express it. I also love that I can argue against it

I'm in the real world. I'm not trying to convince the planet of what is right, I just haven't seen anything that would support the claim that people are leaving solely due to accessibility. I'm unconvinced.

What drum corps audience would you sample? Having an open forum for many points of view to communicate from all over seems much more diverse to me than sampling from this show or that show. Each region only reflects that region. Live audience also doesn't include fan network fans. You can find a reason to discredit any poll really. To do a truly accurate assessment, would take an insane amount of time, and an insane amount of money. And by the time that poll is conducted, the point would be moot, as I'm sureby then, 2015 or so, all the changes to DCI would be through.

I'm in the real world. I'm not trying to convince the planet of what is right, I just haven't seen anything that would support the claim that people are leaving solely due to accessibility. I'm unconvinced.

I actually respect your opinion, yet I ask: Are you convinced that the numbers are increasing due to changes made? Is there no correlation to the member limit going up and smaller corps getting smaller or disappearing altogether? Would anything actually convince you? Honest questions not intended to be pointed.