2001 Cadets Hornline

As I recall, the rap at the time was the hornline didn't march enough and therefore didn't deserve full credit for brass performance. RAMD had posts with stopwatch results informing us how many minutes Cadet brass wasn't marching. Because they were "standing around" in Moondance and the ballad, Cadets didn't deserve the top score. That's what THEY said anyway.

Can't tell you what the judges were thinking. Great line.

HH

As I recall, the rap at the time was the hornline didn't march enough and therefore didn't deserve full credit for brass performance. RAMD had posts with stopwatch results informing us how many minutes Cadet brass wasn't marching. Because they were "standing around" in Moondance and the ballad, Cadets didn't deserve the top score. That's what THEY said anyway.

Can't tell you what the judges were thinking. Great line.

HH

You have to march and play at the same time to win an Ott trophy? When did they change that rule?

Not the most exciting of shows and not trying to be a BD homer, but BD 01 is the cleanest drum corps show ever put on a football field.

I am a huge BD fan but Cavies deserved the win in 01. I do disagree with the Color Guard placement though. IMO, BD should have beaten Cavies in Guard not only in 01 but 02 as well. I know i am the only person who feels that way but thats how i see it.

Really? That drumline had some MAJOR dirt and the hornline definitely wasn't clean...not even the best hornline on the field that night.

BD had the best hornline that year. But the Cadets should have seriously breathing down their necks in brass. Both hornlines was amazing though. SCV wasn't no joke that year either.