Can anyone beat the Bucs?

84BDsop

135? then I hope you're submitting a rules change... we only allow 128 at this time... lol couldn't resist...

Maybe they tag in and out...is that allowed? :angel1:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one can deny that Bucs have been a juggernaut since 2005...I can;t remember the last time I've seen a 6 year undefeated run in ANY activity.

The average margin of victory in that time frame is 1.51...stabilizing in the last 3 years at around 1.4.

Success breeds success....BD proved that, and Bucs have as well...but typically it takes 3 years for a competitor to catch up to someone doing something very very successful.

What are other corps going to have to do to beat Bucs? Aside from physical assualt, I mean.....

"Dynasty":

Sooner or later the "Dynasty" of Reading will end. They all do. Going back over the last 50+ years "Dynasties" have come & gone in both "Arenas" (Junior & Senior), and this one will be no different.

Stt Vincent's Cadets, was the earliest "Dynasty" that I remember, with UD seasons in the late 1940's and ealrly 1950's along with multiple National Championships in the VFW & American Legion. Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights had one also, from 1957 until 1963, with numerous National Veterans titles the Dream, and the very first World Open. Both "Jersey" corps scored "Round Robins", winning all the Vets State & National Championships in several years.

Reilly Raiders pretty well ruled the 1950's, winning a hatfull of VFW Nationals as well as a singular win at the Legion. Hawthorne Caballeros pretty well dominated the first half of the 1960's with seven National Championships in the Legion, and most of the 1970's with five DCA titles.

Frank Ponzo pretty well said it: "Corps that gets more points". The problem is HOW they will "Get more points (Than the Buccs)".

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

it boggles the mind that there are hypothetical 6-year veterans who have never lost a show. how do these people even feel? are they motivated by the terror of potentially losing for the first time, or are they so confident that they'll win that they go out with relaxation and swagger? it took me a year and a show to win my first show, and that was with a corps that placed in the top 4 in 2006, my rookie year.

I think it's unfortunate, in a way: I had to give up marching a year and a half ago, and while I left willingly, the (substantial, but unfortunately overruled) part of me that wanted to stay might have fought harder had I thought there was a chance of toppling Reading.

I AM one of very few (possibly 4) that have NEVER lost in my years as a Reading Buccaneer. My motivation comes from inside. Otherwise, I would have quit sometime during the 37 non-winning years that preceeded those 6!

you are my hero Walt.................but you know that

I AM one of very few (possibly 4) that have NEVER lost in my years as a Reading Buccaneer. My motivation comes from inside. Otherwise, I would have quit sometime during the 37 non-winning years that preceeded those 6!

I wonder if everyone is aware that the race for 2011 began during the 2010 season or even earlier? Better hurry up and start running!

The problem is that most corps who aren't Reading are too concerned with trying to figure out how to beat them that they can't really divert time, energy, or resources to starting next year's race while this one isn't over. Reading's got it locked up light by Wildwood, so they can start planning for next year as early as they want because they know they'll win.