Cabs Alumni Corps Invites You to Sit In With Us

It was a memorable day at Post 199 yesterday. Wall-to-wall people, good food, many old faces visiting (and some re-joining) many new faces and potential members, and ear-to-ear grins on both staff and members alike. Director Peter Bishop wondered aloud if we set some sort of record for the number of people in the room during the final ensemble. In fact, we almost didn't have one, because he wasn't sure there was room for the drum section with so many horns there! With a little squeezing and rearranging, we managed to get the drummers in there too to play the our new arrangement of 'Harmonica Man' and run through some of the current routine for the Plymouth show.

Congratulations on a highly successful day and my personal thanks to chief organizers Bob Bonn, Pete Ciaccio and all the others who were involved in planning this special day. Several competing corps members visited and sat-in with the 'old Cabs' for the day, and they looked like they felt right at home. The final run-through of 'Cha-Cha Flamenco' was an incredible experience: looking around the room and seeing all that Caballero pride, history and tradition. Cabs young, old and in-between came together to get the 65th Anniversary year off to a great start.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a memorable day at Post 199 yesterday. Wall-to-wall people, good food, many old faces visiting (and some re-joining) many new faces and potential members, and ear-to-ear grins on both staff and members alike. Director Peter Bishop wondered aloud if we set some sort of record for the number of people in the room during the final ensemble. In fact, we almost didn't have one, because he wasn't sure there was room for the drum section with so many horns there! With a little squeezing and rearranging, we managed to get the drummers in there too to play the our new arrangement of 'Harmonica Man' and run through some of the current routine for the Plymouth show.

Congratulations on a highly successful day and my personal thanks to chief organizers Bob Bonn, Pete Ciaccio and all the others who were involved in planning this special day. Several competing corps members visited and sat-in with the 'old Cabs' for the day, and they looked like they felt right at home. The final run-through of 'Cha-Cha Flamenco' was an incredible experience: looking around the room and seeing all that Caballero pride, history and tradition. Cabs young, old and in-between came together to get the 65th Anniversary year off to a great start.

THANK YOU JOHN,

IT WAS TRULY A GREAT DAY IN HAWTHORNE,SUN SHINING AS THE PARKING LOTS STARTED TO FILL UP TO CAPACITY.MY CELL KEPT RINGING JUST AS THE CLOCK STRUCK AT 12PM .

I'M HERE; BE INSIDE IN A FEW MINUTES WAS WHAT THEY SAID.

AS WE BEGAN THE DAY AND I LOOKED AROUND THE ROOM OVERFLOWING WITH HORN PLAYERS .THERE WAS LITTLE DOUBT THAT WE WOULD ROCK THE PLACE.

THEN CAME OUR FIRST WARM UP CORDS .AFTER WE FINISHED PLAYING, I TURNED TO THE HORN PLAYER NEXT TO ME AND SAID (I THINK WE JUST WOKE EVERYONE UP IN HAWTHORNE ), LOL . I WAS EXTREMELY HAPPY TO SEE THE DRUM LINE WORK THERE WAY INTO THE CROWD AND MAKE THE DAY COMPLETE CABALLERO STYLE WITH A POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AT ENSEMBLE .

IT WAS ABSOLUTELY WORTH ALL THE EFFORT TO HELP PUT TOGETHER THIS FANTASTIC CELEBRATION!

LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR NEXT REHEARSAL ON SUNDAY OCTOBER 31 St ( HALLOWEEN )

' ITS GOING TO BE AN INCREDIBLE YEAR ! '

INTERESTED IN MARCHING THIS YEAR ? VISIT

WWW.ALUMNICORPS.ORG FOR OUR SCHEDULE

THE COMPETING CORPS OPEN HOUSE IS UP SOON IN NOVEMBER

FOR MORE INFO VISIT

WWW.CABS.ORG

Anyone interested in membership in the

Caballeros Competing Corps,

Please contact Mike Ryan at

Cabscontra@aol.com

:lol:

I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Lots of great people, some good food and lots of great music, with a fantastic program coming up for 2011.

Hey Bob,

SORRY BUT WITH SO MANY FOLKS IN THE PLACE .I DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO SAY HELLO.

SEE YOU AT THE NEXT REHEARSAL ON.

HALLOWEEN IT WILL BE A BLAST!

JUST EIGHT MORE DAYS MY FRIEND. :devil: :

65 years. That is an absolutely amazing achievement. :devil::lol: