DESPERATELY SEEKING SPINNER!

allegrovivace10

Looking for a Highly Experienced Black Male to be a Colorguard Coach for a Brand New High School in Atlanta, Georgia. We also are interested in having a Winterguard at the School as well. If you are interested please submit the following

1.) Bio

2.) Resume

3.) Headshot

forward the above to crescendo100@gmail.com

P.S. - This School is a "GREEN" school. If you are into preserving, uplifting, and saving the enviorment then this school is just the one for you. Once you forward the above information you will receive more details. The name of the school will be shared then. The reason for doing so is to avoid a large influx of phone calls to the bandroom.

Edited by allegrovivace10

Looking for a Highly Experienced Black Male to be a Colorguard Coach for a Brand New High School in Atlanta, Georgia. We also are interested in having a Winterguard at the School as well. If you are interested please submit the following

1.) Bio

2.) Resume

3.) Headshot

forward the above to crescendo100@gmail.com

P.S. - This School is a "GREEN" school. If you are into preserving, uplifting, and saving the enviorment then this school is just the one for you. Once you forward the above information you will receive more details. The name of the school will be shared then. The reason for doing so is to avoid a large influx of phone calls to the bandroom.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if someone posted a job opening with only "White Males" eligible to apply??

Why is a head shot necessary--are looks a factor for getting the job? Just curious.

Why is a head shot necessary--are looks a factor for getting the job? Just curious.

n

No looks are not neccesary. Like most auditions in life a headshot would be asked for.

Thanks

Edited by allegrovivace10

I wonder what the reaction would have been if someone posted a job opening with only "White Males" eligible to apply??

Please forgive me if this post offends you in any form or fashion. In the realm of entertainment casting often times calls for specifics (i.e. height, weight, and "race"), this particular situation is no different.

Thank You so very much for your patience and understanding.

I was wondering that too!

Please forgive me if this post offends you in any form or fashion. In the realm of entertainment casting often times calls for specifics (i.e. height, weight, and "race"), this particular situation is no different.

Thank You so very much for your patience and understanding.

This has got to be one of the weirdest threads I've ever read (including the ones dealing with SBS)...

The issue is that this is not a casting for an entertainer....it is a job posting for a colorguard educator. I would never supply a headshot on an application for a teaching position....I would also never apply for a position in a school that allows open discrimination.

The issue is that this is not a casting for an entertainer....it is a job posting for a colorguard educator. I would never supply a headshot on an application for a teaching position....I would also never apply for a position in a school that allows open discrimination.

Agreed. And this post might have just opened up this brand new school and colorguard program to discrimination lawsuits. If a white instructor applies and does not get interviewed, I'm sure any good lawyer could have fun with this.

Even if you PREFER to hire a person of a particular race, you don't print it in the application.