When did the Cadets get their greatest applause?

In 1992, when it was announced that Star was in 3rd place, the crowd in Madison when absolutely crazy for the Cadets. Maybe some were just glad that it meant the Cavies "probably" won, or the fact that the Cadets were just really, really good....or both. Whatever reason, I don't remember a crowd getting so excited when CBC was involved in the formula, not in the last 20 years anyway.

That particular response was mainly for one reason....it meant that Star of Indiana (who was in 1st place at quarterfinals and dropped down to 2nd at semis) couldn't win the show. Add in the fact that it probably meant the Cavaliers would win their first DCI title, and you have sort of the perfect storm for crowd response. The Cadets had a great show that year, but in terms of all the audience machinations of that evening, I think they were kind of caught in the middle of larger events having to do with other corps.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto to what was just said above in the 1992 response was not nearly as much about happy for the Cadets as it was happy that Star of Indiana was not going to win.

As for Cadets applause...... 1983 "East, East...." 1984 during Z-pulll... and 1987 as has been said prior in the thread. I am happy to have experienced all of them and was part of the crowd that was screaming and throwing babies:)

Crowd went nuts for them in 2000 in DC.

MIKE