Crossmen Announce New Visual Coordinator

Xmen79

Well he wrote for Surf the past few years and it didn't work out so well. So good luck, Crossmen.

if Surf toured all summer, you may have seen different results.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he wrote for Surf the past few years and it didn't work out so well. So good luck, Crossmen.

Anybody remember when Mark Sylvester wrote for Crossmen in...2007, I think? The corps had no luck with that drill, and Sully's one of the most innovative visual designers in DCI.

Anybody remember when Mark Sylvester wrote for Crossmen in...2007, I think? The corps had no luck with that drill, and Sully's one of the most innovative visual designers in DCI.

That can also be said for others ( besides Cadets ) Sully has written for in the past.

there have been some good ones , but also some less than expected.

The drill that year was on par with what the Cadets were doing. However, with the overall inexperience and age of the corps in 2007, it was overprogrammed. Sully's a great drill writer, and we did the best we could with it, but our best that year was not good enough.

Ed writes good, smart, effective, achievable drill. Aside from the standing around during the drum solo, 2001 is one of my favorite Xmen shows from a drill standpoint. This is a good move.

Ed writes good, smart, effective, achievable drill. Aside from the standing around during the drum solo, 2001 is one of my favorite Xmen shows from a drill standpoint. This is a good move.

Personally, I think the standing around was in character...the show was titled Late Night Jazz, after all. I do agree though, one of my favorite shows, from any standpoint.

if Surf toured all summer, you may have seen different results.

touring all summer wouldn't have fixed the AWFUL staging they had....it might have been cleaner, but the drill design and guard staging was, by far, one of the most glaring issues that surf had this past season