bridgemen 85/87

I know that 85 and 87 were not the Bridgemens best years but i remember the Big Christmas present in 85 and i was in attendance in 87 for their last performance. Any pics/vids from then would be appriciated. :smile:

ps: my older bros. marched 81(i was 11 then), people may say that they sucked in 85/87 but these are two vids i'd #### near kill to see above ANY other.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost positive I put at least one 85 photo in the Old Corps Photos thread. Go in there and search for Bridgemen 1985.

ps: my older bros. marched 81(i was 11 then), people may say that they sucked in 85/87 but these are two vids i'd #### near kill to see above ANY other.

let's face it. we did suck in 85/87. but I'm still very glad I marched. Great group of people to be around during a very trying time...

not sure of any videos out there since we did not make it into any finals. But you can finds pics and a few audio clips on the corps website plus the website of the corps current photographer.

http://www.bridgemen.com

http://bridgemen.smugmug.com

let's face it. we did suck in 85/87. but I'm still very glad I marched. Great group of people to be around during a very trying time...

not sure of any videos out there since we did not make it into any finals. But you can finds pics and a few audio clips on the corps website plus the website of the corps current photographer.

http://www.bridgemen.com

http://bridgemen.smugmug.com

You did not suck... you kept the dream alive. It doesn't always come out the way we plan, but the true believers that get a corps through the dark times are often as critical, if not moreso, as their superstar brothers and sisters from the rock star days.

you did good.

You did not suck... you kept the dream alive. It doesn't always come out the way we plan, but the true believers that get a corps through the dark times are often as critical, if not moreso, as their superstar brothers and sisters from the rock star days.

you did good.

I agree.

I have our 1987 DCI Prelims performance on VHS (only filmed from hi-camera). I also have a copy of a tape my friend's parents made of us at TOS II in 1987, before we cut out the "What I Did For Love" part of the Opener. One of these days I need to convert them to digital. I also have a few brass judges' tapes from 1987 in my closet somewhere.

What I am really looking for is the audio recording of our show music that we made March 1988, two weeks before the junior corps folded. It was the only recording ever made of the 1988 Bridgemen. I almost got a copy of it, but had to wait until after the staff meeting to make a copy of it. I got impatient and said that I'll just copy it at the next camp. Two weeks later the corps folded. I've been kicking myself for my impatience ever since.

:) Thanks Ray.

Wish you were with us then, at least you would have had an entire season to pick on me. :tongue:

Drack baby - you can never look back. My dad's last words to me just before he passed on in 2001, after I apologized for not getting down to Long Island (from Boston) as often as I wanted to. He said, "Never waste time being sorry... biggest waste of time in the world. Fix what you can fix and live with everything else."

I wish I had more time with the Bridgemen (and with my dad for that matter) but I treasure the times I had. Wouldn't change a day of it for the world, and not every day was a walk in the park, either.

you did good.

:tongue:

• 4 weeks later...

TRUTH Ray!