DCI Meetings

I work in the financial sector. Trust me when I tell you it's not getting better, or the Fed wouldn't be willing to dump more money at a problem they can't fix.

meaning getting banks to lend.

Which is why these top corps are trying to eliminate the other groups - to keep the remaining revenue to themselves.

No, it should have some points awarded for the fans (or the people paying the bills) entertainment $$$$

They already have awards for crowd favorite and such. I think having actual placements affected by fan popularity would provide as much legitimacy to the musical process as it does to American Idol.

They already have awards for crowd favorite and such. I think having actual placements affected by fan popularity would provide as much legitimacy to the musical process as it does to American Idol.

I am not looking for the popular corps to win, I want all corps to entertain the audience, not please the artistic/egos of those in charge!

the problem is in judging, the what has too much determination over the how. in GE especially, shows that don't touch on all of the triad of effect run away with the numbers.

Entertaining and favorite team are two different things. The NFL is not losing it's audience, we are.

What takes place on a football field for football has really not changed all the much in 30 years either. The game uses the same " instrument for competition"., ie same size football, same size goal posts, same size first down first down markers, same number of players on offense, same number of players on defense, same blocking schemes, etc.... except in a few minor areas, the game is still essentially the same fundamentally.

What takes place on a football field for Drum Corps by contrast has gone through a substantial radical transformation in the similar 30 years. The " game " does not use the same" instrument for competition ", the instruments in competitin have been so altered that even the key in which the music is primarily played on the newer instruments in competition has even been changed, the numbers of competitors on the football field as changed, the time in competition has changed, even the rules of competition have dramatically changed ( " tick " system to " build up" system), the formation " schemes " have radically changed, etc..... the changes in football were not a shock to fans, and the activity has grown it's fan base. The changes in Drum Corps, by contrast, were too shocking to the system to many fans, and many left, the activity only replacing them in small numbers, so that the net result is an activity, unlike football, that is fighting among itself for sheer financial survival at present.

Edited by BRASSO