Rivalries in DCI.

Didn't Spirit and Suncoast particularly dislike each other?

No. Spirit and Suncoast finished side by side from 1983-1988....How's that for a rivalry? In 1989 when we made finals and they didn't, we made a huge delta on the field with our horns and a smaller one with drumsticks as a tribute to them not being on the field. I think it was a friendly rivalry.

g8 and everybody else. Nice rivalry right there for 2011.

Blue Stars

Bluecoats

SCV

CC

Cavaliers

Phantom Regiment

Cadets

Blue Devils

Spirit of Atlanta

Madison Scouts

Glassmen

Pioneer

Academy

Jersey Surf

Crossmen

Teal Sound

Crossmen

Mandarins

Pacific Crest

Cascades

Troopers

Boston Crusaders

Blue Knights

Should make for 2 really great shows, and quite the rivalry for paying customers.

There will be a few dates on the schedule that look like this, gonna be a really fun summer. Hope the Corps are ready for this historic rivalry this summer, I know that I will be. Good luck to all.

• 3 weeks later...

This year we could see a few, Crossmen and Academy, Boston and Madison, Pioneer and Open Class(classic).

Some old ones,

Cavaliers and Chicago Royal Aires

Madison and Muchachoes

VK and Freelancers

Star and Cadets

Blue Stars and Troopers

Golden Knights and St. Lucys

I have many friends that marched both crown and cadets throughout the 2000's, and the rivalry story developed a lot over that span of time. Crown hated the Cadets during their rebirth years when the separated from YEA and tried to establish themselves as a real threat and do so with their own identity (certainly accomplished). The hatred kicked back when Crown first beat the Cadets in 2008 and started to escalate from there. Although the members don't try to hurt each other in the parking lot, there are DEFINITELY strong feelings of hatred back and forth between the corps. Cadets have yet to sacrifice their class in uniform, but Crown members have openly disrespected the Cadets while both corps were in uniform and tried to get the Cadets to fight back in ways that other corps, even the Cavaliers, have not done. This includes physical interaction as well, not just verbal.

As far as BD and Crown go, I don't think anybody at BD is worried about Crown ; ) Crown members may be bitter because they can't reach the next level, but Blue Devils are riding high and show no sign of slowing down and letting Crown pass them. Rivalries have two sides

• Like 1

I have many friends that marched both crown and cadets throughout the 2000's, and the rivalry story developed a lot over that span of time. Crown hated the Cadets during their rebirth years when the separated from YEA and tried to establish themselves as a real threat and do so with their own identity (certainly accomplished). The hatred kicked back when Crown first beat the Cadets in 2008 and started to escalate from there. Although the members don't try to hurt each other in the parking lot, there are DEFINITELY strong feelings of hatred back and forth between the corps. Cadets have yet to sacrifice their class in uniform, but Crown members have openly disrespected the Cadets while both corps were in uniform and tried to get the Cadets to fight back in ways that other corps, even the Cavaliers, have not done. This includes physical interaction as well, not just verbal.

As far as BD and Crown go, I don't think anybody at BD is worried about Crown ; ) Crown members may be bitter because they can't reach the next level, but Blue Devils are riding high and show no sign of slowing down and letting Crown pass them. Rivalries have two sides

Nice, thats what Im talking about.

:rolleyes:

lol I kinda saw some of that its pretty funny, its a good rivalry.

No. Spirit and Suncoast finished side by side from 1983-1988....How's that for a rivalry? In 1989 when we made finals and they didn't, we made a huge delta on the field with our horns and a smaller one with drumsticks as a tribute to them not being on the field. I think it was a friendly rivalry.

That is still the most awesome gesture I've ever seen from one corps to another. Chokes me up a bit to picture it still and I had nothing to do with either corps. I keep waiting for a Suncoast reference from the new and improved Spirit.

<snip>

That's unfortunate...

This year we could see a few, Crossmen and Academy, Boston and Madison, Pioneer and Open Class(classic).

Some old ones,

Cavaliers and Chicago Royal Aires

Madison and Muchachoes

VK and Freelancers

Star and Cadets

Blue Stars and Troopers

Golden Knights and St. Lucys

You're not the only one who has said this about Star and Cadets. When was this? I don't recall it at all.