Noticing the obvious.

Rumor mill.... kingsmen are coming back! they did a huge alumni bit then an all age corps. But rumor has it, Jr Corps!

Rumor mill.... kingsmen are coming back! they did a huge alumni bit then an all age corps. But rumor has it, Jr Corps!

I heard that too. Apparently their main focus right now is on fund raising.

Interesting observation, though not really surprising. The type of organization that can put together the resources to win a a championship, will invariably also have the resources or at least a plan for long term stability. I think if anything it shows that winning championships is about much more than designers, instruction, and talent. You have to factor in facilities, equipment, feeding, buses, volunteers and a myriad of other day to day less glamorous yet necessary operations.

I would put an asterix by Star's name in that they left the field to pursue other interests and though morphed into something completely different they are still active as an organization. If still fielding a DCI unit I have no doubt they would still be an extremely competitive world class unit.

Troopers has had the best flucuation of any corps. 2nd in 72 to as low as 25th in 97.

In the DCI era, though Troopers went form 2nd to 25th, the Blue Devils have gone from 24th to 1st; a similar spread.

However, Boston Crusaders have gone from 39th to as high as 5th (so far). Though not quite as high it has been a longer climb...just sayin...

Edited by strutta

In the DCI era, though Troopers went form 2nd to 25th, the Blue Devils have gone from 24th to 1st; a similar spread.

However, Boston Crusaders have gone from 39th to as high as 5th (so far). Though not quite as high it has been a longer climb...just sayin...

Bluecoats...38th to 3rd.

Glassmen...42nd to 5th.

Edited by skewerz

I bet Colts have come in 12th more then any other corps 5 times and 13th 5 times.

Yes Colts and Spirit have been in 12th 5 times in the DCI era. Troopers have been in 12th 4 times.