West Sayville Golden Eagles Mini Corps.....

FPonzo

Hello all....

As many of you may or may not know, I have many things going on in my life right now, and I need to focus on some personal issues I am having at home. A move to NJ is probable in the very near future.

This being said, I have decided to resign completely from the West Sayville Golden Eagles. I am not sure who is taking over as Brass Caption Head, but I wish them and the entire Golden Eagles organization the best of luck in 2011 and beyond. For the most part, you have all been great to work with, perform with, and be friends with, and you will always hold a special place in my heart.

Hello all....

As many of you may or may not know, I have many things going on in my life right now, and I need to focus on some personal issues I am having at home. A move to NJ is probable in the very near future.

This being said, I have decided to resign completely from the West Sayville Golden Eagles. I am not sure who is taking over as Brass Caption Head, but I wish them and the entire Golden Eagles organization the best of luck in 2011 and beyond. For the most part, you have all been great to work with, perform with, and be friends with, and you will always hold a special place in my heart.

I hope that whatever the personal issues are, they can be resolved in as satisfactorily a manner as humanly possible. Not only will the Golden Eagles miss you; the drum corps community as a whole will miss you.

Hello all....

Frank my friend.... my best to you for your immediate and long-term future, whether that is in or out of drum corps.

Sorry I haven't responded to your PM yet... it's been crazy here at the Haring household (to say the least). I'll try to give you a call in the next couple of days.

Hello all....

Good luck Frank, I hope it all works out for you!

Hello all....

Geez Frank!! Moving to New Jersey?

Man that's serious!

What a great collaboration you and the Golden Eagles have had. I remember them as a bunch of kids from a fire house in West Sayville - during your time there they enjoyed at least regional, if not national fame like no other time in their long history.

Well done - is it true you're marching with the DCA Caballeros this coming season? That should make the scale tip a little, eh?

Good luck (and certain success) wherever the next stop is.

Edited by rayfallon

Geez Frank!! Moving to New Jersey?

Man that's serious!

What a great collaboration you and the Golden Eagles have had. I remember them as a bunch of kids from a fire house in West Sayville - during your time there they enjoyed at least regional, if not national fame like no other time in their long history.

Well done - is it true you're marching with the DCA Caballeros this coming season? That should make the scale tip a little, eh?

Good luck (and certain success) wherever the next stop is.

Hey Ray,

Serious it is.....many problems at home, which have forced me to put my house on the market. I know the timing is not the greatest right now, but this is something that NEEDS to be done! I won't get into specifics here, but we can talk about it another time.

Thanks for the very kind words about the Golden Eagles, but if anyone deserves credit for binging them into the national spotlight, it would be my mentor, Tommy Martin. He started this "mini corps" thingie back in the late 90's, made them a serious contender in the early 2000's and finally WON the DCA Mini Corps title in 2004 when I first joined the Mini Corps. When Tommy resigned after 2004, and I took over as Brass Caption Head, I just helped keep them in the top 5, with Tommy's guidance or course.

As far as the Caballeros Competing corps goes....well....there is talk about me going back. Moving to NJ will definitely help the situation, but alot of things need to fall into place for me to do that. They have a great staff lined up for 2011, and to be honest, I would love to be a playing member of the corps and maybe even help them knock off Reading next year. It will be a tough hill to climb, but not an impossible one. I'm looking forward to attending the Open House on Nov 27 to see if I still have something left in these chops! (I haven't picked up my horn since DCA's!!!)

Hey Ray,

Serious it is.....many problems at home, which have forced me to put my house on the market. I know the timing is not the greatest right now, but this is something that NEEDS to be done! I won't get into specifics here, but we can talk about it another time.

Thanks for the very kind words about the Golden Eagles, but if anyone deserves credit for binging them into the national spotlight, it would be my mentor, Tommy Martin. He started this "mini corps" thingie back in the late 90's, made them a serious contender in the early 2000's and finally WON the DCA Mini Corps title in 2004 when I first joined the Mini Corps. When Tommy resigned after 2004, and I took over as Brass Caption Head, I just helped keep them in the top 5, with Tommy's guidance or course.

As far as the Caballeros Competing corps goes....well....there is talk about me going back. Moving to NJ will definitely help the situation, but alot of things need to fall into place for me to do that. They have a great staff lined up for 2011, and to be honest, I would love to be a playing member of the corps and maybe even help them knock off Reading next year. It will be a tough hill to climb, but not an impossible one. I'm looking forward to attending the Open House on Nov 27 to see if I still have something left in these chops! (I haven't picked up my horn since DCA's!!!)

####, I feel like a psychic!!!

It's a natural though.

Someday the list of Tommy Martin's accomplishments will be put together and it will read like the Encyclopedia Galactica.

So far yours are up to a pretty good sized dictionary!!! :lol:

:smile: of course neither of you have had the final chapters written, nor will they be anytime soon...

Edited by rayfallon

Good Luck in whatever you do Frank! Sincerely.

Donny

Thank you everyone for your well wishes!!!

Hello all....

FRANK,

I KNOW EVERYONE IN THE DRUM CORPS COMMUNITY ON LONG ISLAND WILL MISS YOUR FRIENDSHIP AND SUPPORT .

YOU HAVE TRYED TO HELP AT EVERY TURN EITHER BY TEACHING OR SITTING IN WITH NUMEROUS CORPS FOR MANY YEARS.. ..MANY THANK AND BEST WISHES TO YOU WHEREVER DECIDE TO GO REGARDS,

CHACH