Prelims and Finals

Unless I am misreading there will be a OC Champion.

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=c...63-5e94762b0113

Dean

I think you're reading comprehension is just fine -

it looks like there will be an Open Class Champion crowned Tuesday night in Michigan City AND all the Open Class corps can then compete on Thursday in the World Class prelims.

I know a lot of people have been asking for that kind of World/Open show (sort of like prelims were back in the day) for a long time.

Looks to me like a win all the way around.

• 2 weeks later...

Now the question is:

Do any of the Open Class corps that compete in Thursday's World Class prelims have a realistic chance to advance to the 25-corps World Class semi-finals? If so, which corps will they be?

Based on previous and recent success, I would say that the Oregon Crusaders, Spartans, Revolution, SCV Cadets, and the Blue Devils "B" corps have an excellent chance of making it into semi-finals. Since 25 corps are set to advance, I am sure that there will be a few more Open Class corps in the semi-finals.

Does anyone have any other corps names to add to that list?

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

Now the question is:

Do any of the Open Class corps that compete in Thursday's World Class prelims have a realistic chance to advance to the 25-corps World Class semi-finals? If so, which corps will they be?

Based on previous and recent success, I would say that the Oregon Crusaders, Spartans, Revolution, SCV Cadets, and the Blue Devils "B" corps have an excellent chance of making it into semi-finals. Since 25 corps are set to advance, I am sure that there will be a few more Open Class corps in the semi-finals.

Does anyone have any other corps names to add to that list?

*AHEM* Impulse was ranked 4th by their season ended last year (July 21st?), of course we don't know the extent of their tour this year yet.

Edited by Impuls!vebari