Phantom Regiment 2011

Delighted with 5th place last night but what's going on with visual ensemble... 11th place in composition?

it's because the drill looks like it's 15 years old!!!!! it's way past time PR reinvents their style. stagnation kills!!!!

it's because the drill looks like it's 15 years old!!!!! it's way past time PR reinvents their style. stagnation kills!!!!

The drill was actually Jamey Thompson's brainchild. He wanted it to be that way.

As far as the ending...she HAS to die.

I love, love, love the changes. I don't know if they will help them competitively, but I love them.

Congratulations to Phantom Regiment placing first in Guard last night. At least in Guard, the wholesale changes in this Corps section has been a HUGE success for Phantom Regiment this season.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

The drill was actually Jamey Thompson's brainchild. He wanted it to be that way.

As far as the ending...she HAS to die.

Chaos001, that's my point. PR needs to find a drill writer that is working the the 21st century. It is a competition after all. But maybe they are content to remain in the middle of the pact. It seems that PR has a great opportunity to push it's penchant for classical music forward, instead doing the same ole thing.

• Like 1

Just saw the Huston video and I must say this show definitely wins most beautiful, most emotional, and most dramatic. The crowd ate up every moment of their show. I hope that this show can at least get into the top 4. For the people who doubt they would do it just look at the Bluecoats who are now in 7th. Anything can happen folks.

Edited by lowbrass89

Chaos001, that's my point. PR needs to find a drill writer that is working the the 21st century. It is a competition after all. But maybe they are content to remain in the middle of the pact. It seems that PR has a great opportunity to push it's penchant for classical music forward, instead doing the same ole thing.

His past drills don't follow the current line of thought. He conceived this drill to be just as it is. Consider it long, drawn out foreplay...

have you not seen any of jameys other work? He is one of the best visual designers there is, they don't need to find anyone, they have someone great. A very 'musical' visual writer for a very musical drum corps.

• Like 3

Jamey Thompson also wrote the drill in 2005 for Rhapsody (3rd place), 2006 Faust (2nd Place), and 2007 On Air (4th Place). I think the last thing they need to do is switch up the drill writer again. In fact, I believe Jamey is among the elite drill writers of the activity. I also believe he played a part in bringing in some of the new faces to the visual/guard staff (and the Juliets have been amazing, even winning the caption numerous times this season)... So be careful what you wish for.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay
  • Like 3

Congratulations to Phantom Regiment placing first in Guard last night. At least in Guard, the wholesale changes in this Corps section has been a HUGE success for Phantom Regiment this season.

But Paul Rennick left and everything was going to fall apart for Phantom this year...........

• Like 3