Corps Hang Out

Use to visit Mell Woods with Jim Buglio and sell many 50/50 raffle tickets. Now go sell some insurance Gil!

Good to hear from you my son. I'm somewhat surprised that we're both still vertical. For sure Mel Woods saw some good times BITD. A 16 inch cheese pizza was only .75 cents. The place is now an Italian restaurant whose name eludes me. A lot of stuff eludes me these days.

Since I retired back in 03 the only thing I have to sell is old sea stories on these boards.

Gil

Good to hear from you my son. I'm somewhat surprised that we're both still vertical. For sure Mel Woods saw some good times BITD. A 16 inch cheese pizza was only .75 cents. The place is now an Italian restaurant whose name eludes me. A lot of stuff eludes me these days.

Since I retired back in 03 the only thing I have to sell is old sea stories on these boards.

Gil

And... somehow I can't picture you hanging around with Jimmy Buglio

BITD, Freelancers... For those of whow ere local, It had to be The House of The Three Mikes....

My bad, tap room at the ConROY hotel. Refuge for the DeLaSalle vets & imports, Duggan's kiddies were too young.

White-shirted bowtied waiters brought your beer, illegal in TO then to walk around with yer own.

The Conroy was north-west of the city. I lived on the east side. Have we met?

Some of the imports were from Midlanders and by the way a few of Duggan's kids were 18, including Super Snare Sue.

You're absolutely right about a waiter taking your beer to another table. It was quite a scene when I went from table to table, too funny, lol ;-)

edit: I went to Del's football games 69-70. My high school art class classmate was quarterback for our Jr. team. I went to the games, of course, and our school colo(u)rs were green and gold :-D

Edited by lindap

In the 70's we were pretty nomadic - so where rehearsal was dictated where we'd end up. Sometimes it was "The Islands" along the Charles River, other times it was in "Dot". But the most time spent in any one place was at Punters Pub especially after Friday night rehearsals at Commonwealth Armory. I'm sure there were sevral other places but all the time at PP (and the cheap beer) has diminished my memory capacity.