2011 BRIGS NEWS THREAD!

Ah yes, Black Saddle - could probably play it in my sleep, or maybe I already have...

And that parade, it was always warm and nice out the years I didn't march it. But cold green beer was needed on those other years to thaw out. Wallkill, NY, and that big parade in Western Massachusetts (can't remember the name of the city) are the only colder two places on the planet on St. Paddy's Day weekend.

Edited by K2SMA

and that big parade in Western Massachusetts (can't remember the name of the city)

That would be Holyoke Mass...

Just sayin...

Weekend BrigsNews!

Dateline: Mount Markham, NY, THIS WEEKEND!!!

worthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifThe Brigadiers Winterguard WILL COMPETE Saturday night at Mid-York Color Guard show held at Mount Markham, NY. The show is called:

SPORT OF THE ART XII 3/12/11

TO FEATURE 30 Units!

We're proud of our Winterguard, not because they're undefeated, but because of the people they are. We love our Winterguard!!

GO BRIGSGUARD!!

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

A Heads up! And, details to follow: The Brigadiers Winterguard will be hosting a Spaghetti Dinner on Wednesday, March 23rd at the NO NAME DINER in Eastwood, NY. Come, Eat, Talk about Drum Corps, and do spread the word! Tickets can be purchased ahead of time, but we will also sell tickets at the door anytime throughout the course of the evening!

YUMM-B!

Thanks in advance for your appetite! Scott MesconBrigadiers 1993-

Edited by SkipMebden

A Heads up! And, details to follow:

The Brigadiers Winterguard will be hosting a Spaghetti Dinner on Wednesday, March 23rd at the NO NAME DINER in Eastwood, NY. Come, Eat, Talk about Drum Corps, and do spread the word! Tickets can be purchased ahead of time, but we will also sell tickets at the door anytime throughout the course of the evening!

YUMM-B!

Thanks in advance for your appetite!

Here's the details:

The Brigadiers Winterguard will be hosting a Spaghetti Dinner on Wednesday, March 23rd at the NO NAME DINER (that's really what it's called!) in Eastwood, NY between 5:30 and 9:30PM. The NO NAME DINER is located at 3900 New Court Avenue, Syracuse, NY 13206 for those using GPS or MapQuest.

What's on the menu? Beverage, House Salad, Italian Bread, and Spaghetti and Meatballs, all for $8. per person. worthy.gifTake out is available all night!

You can buy tickets and find out more by contacting:

Mike Brooker

(315) 450.4545

mbrooker59@yahoo.com or

BettyLou Van Tienhoven

(315) 569-0910

abrkcvt@yahoo.com

Advance sale tickets are not required, but will help us plan for the crowd. Great food, great fellowship with Brigadiers fans, raffles, and more!!

YUMM-B!

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

Edited by SkipMebden

Weekend BrigsNews!

Dateline: Mount Markham, NY, 3/12/2011

worthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifThe Brigadiers Winterguard competed Saturday night at a Mid-York Color Guard show held at Mount Markham, NY. We're happy to say they won their Independent A Class with a score of 81.3! We're proud of our Winterguard, not because they're undefeated, but because of the people they are. Next week: WGI Regional in Rhode Island.

GO BRIGSGUARD!!

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

Edited by SkipMebden

I do not think they will get more money for regular seasons shows. Some circuits maybe.

I think if you have the numbers to be effective in OPEN class then its time to move up.

The bubble corps,,the ones with 50-64 that are thinking about competing in open class would probably be better served in the Class A division where they would probably place better. Today's sheets make it hard for smallish corps to score well. So much is predicated on visual and field coverage.

And I agree 100 percent about more bodies = more expenses. Throwing bodies on the field just to have a body is not going to gain anything in visual scores. If anything its probably going to bring down the visual scores because if you cant march you look like a bag on the field.

your so right ed,if you dont have a large membership dont just say hey kid come here i want you to go there & there this is not the old days when we were basically taken to our spots, this is the day of the dot book it sucks but thats the way they teach now a days, bush was small but very talented & we will be again this year.

Weekend BrigsNews!!!

worthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifThe Brigadiers Winterguard competed this weekend at the

Finals

!!!

WGI Regional in Rhode Island. After scoring in 5th place in Saturday's Prelims,
they

worthy.gif

battled to 2nd place in their class at Sunday's

WHAT?!?

We're so proud of our Winterguard that words cannot express it adequately enough. Woo-Hoo!! Our Winterguard, BTW, will be hosting a Spaghetti Dinner this Wednesday, March 23rd for only $8. Can't be there? Former Brigs and interested fans can be there virtually by PM'ing me to learn how.

GO BRIGSGUARD!!

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-

That would be Holyoke Mass...

Just sayin...

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! Thank you for that, Frank. And BTW, this year, a year I did NOT march a St. Paddy's Day parade, it was 75+ here, but a good bit further south of Holyoke, Walkill, Syracuse, and all the others...

Here are the details for the Spaghetti Dinner Tomorrow:

The Brigadiers Winterguard will be hosting a Spaghetti Dinner tomorrow, March 23rd at the NO NAME DINER (that's really what it's called!) in Eastwood, NY between 5:30 and 9:30PM. The NO NAME DINER is located at 3900 New Court Avenue, Syracuse, NY 13206 for those using GPS or MapQuest. You can drive on Midler Ave in the direction from Erie Blvd to James Street. Cross over James Street, and keep going for about another mile, looping around to the left. (Midler becomes New Court Avenue.) The NO Name diner is on the left. Park in back, not in front!

What's on the menu? Beverage, House Salad, Italian Bread, and Spaghetti and Meatballs, all for $8. per person.worthy.gifTake out is available all night!

For more info, call Mike:

Mike Brooker

(315) 450.4545

mbrooker59@yahoo.com or

Great food, great fellowship with Brigadiers fans, raffles, and more!!

YUMM-B!

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers 1993-