CLASS dominating another season?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite sometime is better then never.

DCPI Season XIII Open Class Champion.

Besides, you sound like an Oakland Raiders fan: "man, we were ROCKIN' it back during the Carter administration." :rolleyes:

DCPI Season XIII Open Class Champion.

Besides, you sound like an Oakland Raiders fan: "man, we were ROCKIN' it back during the Carter administration." :rolleyes:

Umm, his comment was refereing to his corps winning ALL 3 Divisions in the SAME Season. Alot of people have titles, but he completed the sweep if i'm not mistaken.

Yes you are correct Ced. A live season sweep at that. I will always thump my chest over that, hasn't been done but twice; Once in FDCI by the AMAZING Joel Sokel (has something like 20 trophies) in an offseason. Then I have one in my first season here, a live season.

Also I was runner up last season and not a lot of directors can say they have made a top 3 in a live season, let alone twice. You all can bash my record as of late all you want. I only competed in live seasons and I didn't compete for a year and honestly, I don't try like I use too. That said, I have a live season sweep, followed by a repeat (with two medals in my other divisions).

However, titles is not what I'm the most proud of.... I firmly believe I showed people how to play the game and lit a competitive fire under some peoples behinds. Pushed for a caption change schedule to get rid of copy cat caption changes. I also rode Jeff's and Steve's behind and while I know they don't care for it, I believe it made Jeff a very solid leader of the league and through efforts of people like myself, Jeff, Matt B and Matt S along with JohnD desire to make this happen, we have a website and a system without errors. The only thing I feel like I need to make an effort to improve what I want to leave behind is getting this league more active. I do that through talking some "fantasy" trash, started the first DCPI times, outrageous moves like leaving the group I founded (FANFARE) to a rival group (CLASS) and have made pleas for people to get involve in a way other then just updating captions. So you can bash me all you want, I do my actions to get the league active.

That said, the original post was not tooting my horn, it was about CLASS domination.

/salute CloudHype.

I'm still gonna try my best to topple one or two of your corps... hehe!

However, titles is not what I'm the most proud of.... I firmly believe I showed people how to play the game and lit a competitive fire under some peoples behinds. Pushed for a caption change schedule to get rid of copy cat caption changes. I also rode Jeff's and Steve's behind and while I know they don't care for it, I believe it made Jeff a very solid leader of the league and through efforts of people like myself, Jeff, Matt B and Matt S along with JohnD desire to make this happen, we have a website and a system without errors. The only thing I feel like I need to make an effort to improve what I want to leave behind is getting this league more active. I do that through talking some "fantasy" trash, started the first DCPI times, outrageous moves like leaving the group I founded (FANFARE) to a rival group (CLASS) and have made pleas for people to get involve in a way other then just updating captions. So you can bash me all you want, I do my actions to get the league active.

No arguments here. For me the trash-talk is all in fun. I *DO* view you as at the top, and my goal each year is to beat your corps, because then I feel like I've accomplished something (and I came awfully close to matching your sweep, going 2-1-2 in DCPI 13). Make no mistake, envy is a terrific motivator (at least for me). So, in my respect, chasing YOU has helped me become the player I am today (for better or worse :tongue: ) : Four Top 10 World Class finishes in five seasons (DCPI 13 Silver Medal); Four Top 4 Open Class finishes in five seasons (DCPI 13 Gold, DCPI 10 Silver, DCPI 14 Bronze); Three Top 6 Class A finishes in four seasons (DCPI 13 Silver Medal).

I like giving you a hard time and, yeah, sometimes you frustrate me, but I do think it's all for the good of the activity. :cool:

That said, the original post was not tooting my horn, it was about CLASS domination.

Bah. You've got more corps. But CLASS is on quite a streak in World Class, and each season I say to myself "this is the season I'll end it." :cool:

No arguments here. For me the trash-talk is all in fun. I *DO* view you as at the top, and my goal each year is to beat your corps, because then I feel like I've accomplished something (and I came awfully close to matching your sweep, going 2-1-2 in DCPI 13). Make no mistake, envy is a terrific motivator (at least for me). So, in my respect, chasing YOU has helped me become the player I am today (for better or worse :tongue: ) : Four Top 10 World Class finishes in five seasons (DCPI 13 Silver Medal); Four Top 4 Open Class finishes in five seasons (DCPI 13 Gold, DCPI 10 Silver, DCPI 14 Bronze); Three Top 6 Class A finishes in four seasons (DCPI 13 Silver Medal).

I like giving you a hard time and, yeah, sometimes you frustrate me, but I do think it's all for the good of the activity. :cool:

Bah. You've got more corps. But CLASS is on quite a streak in World Class, and each season I say to myself "this is the season I'll end it." :cool:

I think for you it is just a matter of time. I've always felt that winning Div II/Open is the hardest one to win. People that win that, usually go on to win in the bigger class. My first win was a Div III title with Enigma back in FDCI 6. Next was a Div 1 in FDCI 7. That was in 1998!!!! I didn't get the middle class till I came here. 2-1-2 is not too shabby at all and might rank as one of the better DCPI seasons for any director, I can think of maybe Myself, Matt, Gary and I believe Star of Jupiter had one really strong across the board finish with a win in one division. I'm happy that I lit a fire under you, too bad your not with us old farts at CLASS. Edited by CloudHype

/salute CloudHype.

I'm still gonna try my best to topple one or two of your corps... hehe!

You got me out west!!! The first to do so AND I actually was trying for that one to keep the streak alive and go 6 in a row (not in order, I did region hop and actually got rid of Mystre) ... I also got my weekends wrong with the captions, one week off to be exact (that's what I get with no spreadsheet) and my corps did rock this past weekend.

Yes, no spread sheet, I just look at recaps, find a couple of sets that look good to me and then do the math. I have found a winning set every off season I competed in though, and so has Matt, he's quicker with the caption change then I am.

Funny story of me vs Matt, that Matt doesn't know:

The year I was less then one tenth behind him, I was planning on a surprise caption switch that involved GE Music for finals. Kind of a, gotcha type of thing. I though for sure that not one person spotted it because general consensus is that you max out you GE ( I won't name the caption though, it is in play this season). Scores came out finals week and wouldn't you know, he put it in WITH the proper complementary guard caption that gave you a .05 bump of the next best score. I had to wait a few hours for work (at the time I had no Internet connection at home) and hope he was late on his last change. No such luck and I had to plug in the lesser score and hope that my generated captions scored .06 better then his. Mine did score better but not .06 better

Since then (till 2 weekends ago) I have never set down for a period of time to get my captions, all changes are by gut. Live season is different though and I do have a system but it does not involve point but more so Judges, spreads, and trends.

CLASS may have more corps this season---but I dont believe this is historically true...we have added corps BECAUSE of our winning ways not in order to achieve them...I am very proud of what my little protest group has accomplished after all these years! LOL

ok---lets throw one more bragging rights into the ring since we are talking all kinds of fun stuff LOL

my two division 1/world class corps (Knights and Nemesis) across all leagues: 2 DCPI titles, 2 VCL titles, 2 DLOFDC, 2 FMA titles 1 FDCI title...this is not including anything BUT world/division 1 class. Maybe it just makes me a ho-but I am GOOD at it! LOL challengers?

and I must agree with CloudH---Joel Sokol...AMAZING and so hard to be--on top of it a great guy! where the hell is he??

wait i forgot FDCUK! LOL god that was a million years ago and was all european