Blessed Sacrament 2011

Jeremy Denzer

I had the pleasure of viewing the first show of the 2011 Blessed Sacrament. The show is based on the experimental Black Box theater. Set on four individual square black floors the show opens with a very unique and creative movement sequence that includes electrical cords as if to symbolize plugging into your creative outlet. Sac is marching 38 performers....the show is very densely staged with many risky sequences throughout. One particular section features 30 performers on weapon tossing in a very confined space. This is a show that will definitely take several reads to fully appreciate all that is happening on the floor. I can't wait to see where the show goes as the season progresses.

Thank you Blessed Sacrament for continuing to push the creative envelope year after year!

Edited by Jeremy Denzer

No...what I meant was that in a high school gym it may take a few reads. In the UD arena it will read just fine.

thanks for this review jeremy.appreciate your insight and opinions.

sadly and bittersweet this is the last season for the late great eastern mass color guard circuit and as you know blesssed sac has won numerous championships throughout it's existance.

it should be duly noted that this circuit has included such iconic and standard setting groups like Quasar,Erte' productions,st.ann's,st. joeseph and of course emerald marquis to name a few.

Thanks Jeremy

I won't get to see any shows this winter - so any review is appreciated. SAC's show seems very unusual (as always) - can't wait to see it on the Fan Network.

Still not a fan of the new 40 member rule though - seems like overkill.

Later,

Mike

thanks for this review jeremy.appreciate your insight and opinions.

sadly and bittersweet this is the last season for the late great eastern mass color guard circuit and as you know blesssed sac has won numerous championships throughout it's existance.

it should be duly noted that this circuit has included such iconic and standard setting groups like Quasar,Erte' productions,st.ann's,st. joeseph and of course emerald marquis to name a few.

Hi, Dugg--I'm a little late to the party. What's going on with the Eastern Mass circuit??

And thank you for the Blessed Sac news, Jeremy.

I had the pleasure of viewing the first show of the 2011 Blessed Sacrament. The show is based on the experimental Black Box theater. Set on four individual square black floors the show opens with a very unique and creative movement sequence that includes electrical cords as if to symbolize plugging into your creative outlet. Sac is marching 38 performers....the show is very densely staged with many risky sequences throughout. One particular section features 30 performers on weapon tossing in a very confined space. This is a show that will definitely take several reads to fully appreciate all that is happening on the floor. I can't wait to see where the show goes as the season progresses.

Thank you Blessed Sacrament for continuing to push the creative envelope year after year!

I can't wait to get my firts viewing of BS's show. I have heard a lot from my friends in that area about this show. As I see I will share my views with everyone.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Hi, Dugg--I'm a little late to the party. What's going on with the Eastern Mass circuit??

after this year they will cease to be.....in other words they are done,throwing in the towell,finished,kaput,no mas. :sad:

after this year they will cease to be.....in other words they are done,throwing in the towell,finished,kaput,no mas. :sad: