The Blue Knights 2011

It's gonna be tight y'all!

• 1 month later...

I have to say, listening to you all, I harkin back to one of (if not my) favorite Drum and Bugle Corps EVER, The 27th Lancers! Add the fact that you all have Mark S. on staff I have to ask, hows the drum line coming along? The drum line with this style show is real important, I remember those drum lines and every single night they thought they won, 27th had a ###### drum line. We called it attitude, here in the mid-west!

I have to say, listening to you all, I harkin back to one of (if not my) favorite Drum and Bugle Corps EVER, The 27th Lancers! Add the fact that you all have Mark S. on staff I have to ask, hows the drum line coming along? The drum line with this style show is real important, I remember those drum lines and every single night they thought they won, 27th had a ###### drum line. We called it attitude, here in the mid-west!

Well for starters, a certain Mr. Ralph Hardimon is writing the drum part.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wesley--I'm back on. I went to the corps BBQ today and saw the first part of the show, it's great. Craig is still on staff and Stacia (my daughter,Craig's sister) starts her first year in Color Guard.

BK has found their niche, in my opinion, and I think the crowds will be impressed.

:nervous: I don't really know what I am in for but since I have been chasing around BK for so many years I have signed on to be a volunteer selling merchandise and what ever else may need to be done. I smile and think, "I never could perform but love the sport and unity so I will go on tour for some of the excitement and experience.

I have to echo the sentiments from last season. Even though we were in direct competition last season with them for most of last year, I couldn't help but love the show! The music was really well done and a great selection (I liked their arrangement of Nimrod more than Crown's).

I am really looking forward to hearing this corps this summer and hearing the treatment they give to these wind band classics.

Hi Wesley--I'm back on. I went to the corps BBQ today and saw the first part of the show, it's great. Craig is still on staff and Stacia (my daughter,Craig's sister) starts her first year in Color Guard.

BK has found their niche, in my opinion, and I think the crowds will be impressed.

:nervous: I don't really know what I am in for but since I have been chasing around BK for so many years I have signed on to be a volunteer selling merchandise and what ever else may need to be done. I smile and think, "I never could perform but love the sport and unity so I will go on tour for some of the excitement and experience.

Hey Tricia,

Good to hear from you, glad to see you back on! I've heard nothing but good coming from Denver this spring and from the recordings I've heard this looks like it could be a very special year for BK. I've got 3 of my band/ex band kids marching this summer- 2 are vets playing Euph and Mello and one is a Contra Rookie. There is a decent likelyhood another former student will be joining the hornline soon. It's great to see them all have such an interest in the corps, but boy does it make me feel old!! Congrats on your daughter making it in the guard, I know she'll have a great summer, and of course I'll look forward to seeing Craig when he's baking down here in the Texas Suana, ha ha ha. It's neat that you volunteer and I wish I could be out there on the road as well. But, I have a good excuse-- My wife and I are expecting our first child in Nov. and I don't want her to be alone for the summer. :thumbup: Take it easy and let me know how it's going from time to time!!

BK's facebook page has a little of the opener with drill performed at memorial day camp. If they're already sounding this good on the move, WOW!!! Small clip but this shows gonna rock!!

Wesley Perkins

BK 97 98

BK is turning into one of my favorite corps. Holding on to a distinct style gets mad props. BTW, the camp videos are awesome. I much prefer a run-thru over a "tv commercial" style promo flick.

• Like 1

BK's facebook page has a little of the opener with drill performed at memorial day camp. If they're already sounding this good on the move, WOW!!! Small clip but this shows gonna rock!!

Wesley Perkins

BK 97 98

They are absolutely awesome this year. I can't remember a year that has had this much enthusiam and talent. The kids are feeling it too. They have practiced relentlessly with no days off. I can't wait to see it all pulled together. Stacia left at 8AM & got home at 10PM, I was talking to her and she fell asleep. Craig is so excited about some of the new things that are going to happen he is like a little kid! This is going to be a fantastic year and I can't wait for them to get out there and show everyone the Blue Knights are here and their show just rocks, the horn line my goodness... :thumbup: