Finals Tickets

Is it pretty safe to assume that all the good seats are sold out by now? I have been saving up and tried to purchase a "super premium" seat (e.g., sections 542 and 543) at the terrace level, and I got a screen that said that no such seats are available. Yikes.

I'm not sure what happens to unsold tickets from the friends of DCI block. They have all the best seats, they have most seats on the 200 to 500 levels which are inside the 35/40 yard line.

Occasionally tickets appear in the marketplace forum on DCP.

As a last resort you could probably buy better tickets outside LOS on the day of the show. I saw a few "rather large" gentlemen selling tickets about a block from the stadium.

Most of the corps will have tickets to sell in good sections.

Check with your favorite corps......then with other corps until you find some.

I dont think the corps ticket blocks have been set or tickets sent out to them yet, but I am sure someone in each corps organization could help you.

I'm pretty sure they will sell tickets to you even if you are not in their Booster Club or a volunteer.

For example this is Phantom Regiments link:

http://shop.regiment.org/DCI_World_Champ_Tickets_-_PR_B_P3149C156.cfm?UserID=25976100&jsessionid=f0304e5dfd19d411c1401a59112040647e4c

I'd think that most of the larger corps, and many of the smaller, have similar 'blocks' of tickets.

There is bound to be some profit from the ticket sales going to the individual corps, so the price might be higher than on DCI.

Just a thought........

I get ten 50 yard line seats from Friends of DCI, yet only my son and I go to Indy. The rest I heap on friends who shower me with praise (green pluses), commit early (August 20th), pay early (December), give me the best seats in the block, and get me snacks so I don't miss the fabulous INT show.

Sadly, 2011 is already spoken for, but there's time to start kissing up for 2012!

Let the games begin!

tongue.gif

• Like 1

They're not going to be available from Ticketmaster at this point, but probably weren't available when sales opened to the public anyway, as these seats are usually blocked out. Corps, Friends, fans with extras, scalpers will have good seats available, though it's easier to get one or two seats than six in a row, obviously. You may pay a premium but it doesn't have to be huge particularly if you're okay with sitting at the 35-40 yard line where the sound is still quite good at least down low. Up high at Lucas Oil, the sound isn't great anywhere, though if you prefer drill to sound, you may be happier up there anyway.

Another thing I always recommend: if money is tight and you can't afford great seats Saturday, go Thursday. The tickets are much cheaper especially on resale from people forced to buy Thursday to get great seats Saturday, you get to see many more corps, you can usually sit where you want (between the 45s even if your ticket says you have 10 yard line seats--in the unlikely event the real ticketholder shows up, just move over--this doesn't work as well Friday and doesn't work at all Saturday when every midfield ticketholder shows up and wants his seat). Most finalist corps do as good a show for quarterfinals as they do for finals. There's less crowd buzz but it's by far the best value of the week.

Edited by Peel Paint
  • Like 4

They're not going to be available from Ticketmaster at this point, but probably weren't available when sales opened to the public anyway, as these seats are usually blocked out. Corps, Friends, fans with extras, scalpers will have good seats available, though it's easier to get one or two seats than six in a row, obviously. You may pay a premium but it doesn't have to be huge particularly if you're okay with sitting at the 35-40 yard line where the sound is still quite good at least down low. Up high at Lucas Oil, the sound isn't great anywhere, though if you prefer drill to sound, you may be happier up there anyway.

Another thing I always recommend: if money is tight and you can't afford great seats Saturday, go Thursday. The tickets are much cheaper especially on resale from people forced to buy Thursday to get great seats Saturday, you get to see many more corps, you can usually sit where you want (between the 45s even if your ticket says you have 10 yard line seats--in the unlikely event the real ticketholder shows up, just move over--this doesn't work as well Friday and doesn't work at all Saturday when every midfield ticketholder shows up and wants his seat). Most finalist corps do as good a show for quarterfinals as they do for finals. There's less crowd buzz but it's by far the best value of the week.

As opposed to my snarky post this is one of the best bits of information I've seen for those looking for tickets. Every part of it is true.

Bravo Paint Peeler!

I get ten 50 yard line seats from Friends of DCI, yet only my son and I go to Indy. The rest I heap on friends who shower me with praise (green pluses), commit early (August 20th), pay early (December), give me the best seats in the block, and get me snacks so I don't miss the fabulous INT show.

Sadly, 2011 is already spoken for, but there's time to start kissing up for 2012!

Let the games begin!

tongue.gif

Garfield is a macher!

Gonna have to start showing some reaspect. You the man!

HH

Garfield is a macher!

Gonna have to start showing some reaspect. You the man!

HH

Yeah, a real big shot. I like the definition: "Someone who thinks he's a big shot."

Meh.

But still, Friends cashes my checks, and the line is long and distinguished.

It forms to the rear, HH.

I'm guessing your name is on my 2015 tickets.

Oh, and I like hot dogs with mustard. Please...

Start groveling.

hehe.gif

Is it pretty safe to assume that all the good seats are sold out by now? I have been saving up and tried to purchase a "super premium" seat (e.g., sections 542 and 543) at the terrace level, and I got a screen that said that no such seats are available. Yikes.

Check the Marketplace forum. Particularly as the dates get closer, people find they bought tickets and then can't go because something that can't be missed comes along...there is also a gentleman by the name of Ron Gunn that might be able to help you and he posts in that forum regularly. Don't know how many tickets you're looking for, but if you don't "have" to sit together, your chances are much better.