BEST OF THE 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

BEST 'EXCLAMATION POINT' ENDING: South Shore

Holy guacamole...!!!

I'd need to watch the DVD in order to describe this absolutely right, but their closing mega-toss was some kind of a crazy combination of a leap frog, a summersault and a 'through the legs' move - and they NAILED it.

:worthy::w00t::worthy::w00t::worthy::w00t:

That moment truly was one of the moments that I was glad that I witnessed in person at the UD Arena.

• Like 1

I could not agree with you any more I believe premonition would have changed their style regardless of who was design the show . It annoys people that a world guard who has been in existence for only 4 years been able to place so high and managed to get some amazing designers to write the show for them. You can clearly tell that the performers gave it their all because of the way they reacted after their last run I personally got a little teary eyed watching them at finals you can tell that the spent all season working their behinds off ... I cannot wait to see premonition to keep on growing they have some amazing talent there and I can't wait to see what they bring to the floor next season.

Im not a fan of tears on the floor... I can kinda understand it in Scholastic A, Open, or World, since you are graduating, 4 yrs of guard, etc... but its distracting to me, performers shouldnt break character until after the show. Once you are off the floor cry all you want LOL

• Like 1

BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS: West Johnston High School

I almost forgot to mention the way cool 3-D show that West Johnston performed this year. How neat was that...???

Unfortunately, I never quite experienced the full 3-D effect as I'm assuming it was intended. It's probably just my eyes (rather, the AGE of my eyes) but some of the 'wow' moments never quite settled-in for me. But I know that most other people saw everything exactly as intended. So, I think it was just me.

Even so, West Johnston gets a great big 'Woo-hoo...!!!' for taking a chance on trying something VERY different.

And this really seems to have been the season to experiment with 3-D, seeing as just about every other major motion picture now is being released in 3-D.

I give props (pun intended) to West Johnston for participating in one of the biggest trends going on right now in the entertainment industry.

Way to go, West Johnston...!!!

P.S.: Be sure to hang on to your West Johnston red/blue viewing glasses. They're most definitely going to be highly sought after collector's items in a couple of years.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

THE RETURN OF THE SOLID CATCH: Carmel and Northview

First off, I just need to go on the record and say that LOTS of performer and LOTS of groups executed solid catches in their shows. I'm not highlighting these two outstanding groups at the expense of any other group in any other class. Just so we're on the same page. Ok...??? :smile:

But as I watched both Carmel and Northview's Finals shows, their execution and technique really stood out to me.

I can't prove it right now, but I'm pretty sure that some of those Carmel girls had extra arms and/or hands. Every member of that ensemble was solid, solid, solid from beginning to end. Craziness.

And Northview...??? Wow. Nothin' but 'smack!' when their equipment came back to them - both rifles and sabers.

For me, those two groups in particular demonstrated how good technique actually becomes a design component of your show. Many elements of their terrific programs were enhanced even further by the precision and control with which they handled their equipment.

Kudos on a job VERY WELL DONE, to everyone at Carmel and Northview.

Edited by Mr. Know it all
  • Like 1

Does anyone know the group that did a flat toss on sabre and then popped it up again (into another flat toss)?? I think they were in scholastic Open finals... I want to witness this again, so please let me know! : )

My favorite memory of Dayton was just how well the Northeast was represented in finals, particularly from the MAIN and TIA circuits, with Cpex, Delazure and Co-Motion in IA, Mineola in SA; South Brunswick and Passaic in SO, Field of View in IO; Trumbull in SW, and all three IW guards from New Jersey--Emanon, Black Watch and Alter Ego, making finals.

What a great weekend for all of them!

Does anyone know the group that did a flat toss on sabre and then popped it up again (into another flat toss)?? I think they were in scholastic Open finals... I want to witness this again, so please let me know! : )

I don't know about Scholastic Open, but Ars Nova IW does something similar at the beginning of their show. I just looked on the Fan Network to make sure it's them I saw. It's pretty cool.