Leaps and Falls

Based on last years standings...  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps will move UP the most places?

• Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
    • Crown
    • Cadets
    • Phantom
    • SCV
    • Blue Stars
    • Boston
    • Madison
    • Blue Knights
    • Glassmen
    • Colts
    • Academy
    • Troopers
    • Spirit
    • Crossmen
    • Pacific Crest
    • Mandarins
    • Teal Sound
    • Jersey Surf
    • Cascades
    • Pioneer
  2. 2. Which corps will move DOWN the most places?

• Blue Devils
    • Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
    • Crown
    • Cadets
    • Phantom
    • SCV
    • Blue Stars
    • Boston
    • Madison
    • Blue Knights
    • Glassmen
    • Colts
    • Academy
    • Troopers
    • Spirit
    • Crossmen
    • Pacific Crest
    • Mandarins
    • Teal Sound
    • Jersey Surf
    • Cascades
  3. 3. How many new finalists in 2011?

• no new finalists

In the end, I predict The Carolina Cadevaliers to move sideways in placement, INT to remain swomewhere in the middle of the pack, and for Competitive Inertia to reign supreme once again. But we'll see.

For a split second I thought you said The Carolina Cadavers... I'd pay a lot of money to see them play!

I dont see anyone making any huge leaps and bounds up or down this year. Crossmen sure are getting a lot of hype, but I dont expect anything higher than 14th or 15th. But people surpassing my expectations are always a good thing :thumbup: I really dont thing PR will drop lower than 7th. There percussion is not going to suddenly be attrocious. And I believe they will have easier to clean drill as well. So I would say they maintain 6th. Im not exactly sure why everyone expects crown to drop so much? Sure 2010 was weaker than 09, but I think they are gonna be in the hunt for a while to come. The shuffling 6th, 7th, 8th, and maybe even 5th place will be something special this year.

Edited by TubaJon

I dont see anyone making any huge leaps and bounds up or down this year. Crossmen sure are getting a lot of hype, but I dont expect anything higher than 14th or 15th. But people surpassing my expectations are always a good thing :thumbup: I really dont thing PR will drop lower than 7th. There percussion is not going to suddenly be attrocious. And I believe they will have easier to clean drill as well. So I would say they maintain 6th. Im not exactly sure why everyone expects crown to drop so much? Sure 2010 was weaker than 09, but I think they are gonna be in the hunt for a while to come. The shuffling 6th, 7th, 8th, and maybe even 5th place will be something special this year.

Xmen : many on DCP have been agitating for a change of arranger . now they've got their wish and expect it to make it big difference. additionally it's easier to make a "leap" from lower in the standings.

Crown: change "think" to "want" and you'll figure that one out :-)

Edited by corpsband

I really like what a previous post said, Its all depends on how good you are and how good everyone else is. I think this year is going to be a great year in general. Will there be suprises? Oh definately, no doubt. Some will be expected, and some will come out of nowhere.... My response to the Phantom Regiment dropping, i think its possible but it really goes to how much did the first place in percussion carry them last year... I think they will have an impacting show none the less.... I am excited for ALL corps...

I don't know why anyone would think Phantom would drop out of finals. They had a great show last year, the drill was #### near impossible to march, clean, and play while marching. Percussion was ridiculous last year, but I don't think it will drop as much, but I think it will drop off. They brought back a proven drill writer who works really well with the corps. JD Shaw is still writing the brass book. I just don't see them falling much. They made good changes. Percussion, maybe not a good change, but not a bad one? I don't really know to tell the truth. I think they could even move up. One thing that is for sure, it is looking to be a fan favorite show yet again.

Who is going to fall the most was hard to decide. I said bluecoats... can't justify it though, at all. I just don't see anyone dropping that much... maybe BD down to 3? There is a lot of competition up there.

Crossmen i could see as the biggest mover. Hopefully into finals. it is easier to make a big jump when you are that far back. Especially since they almost completely overhauled the staff. And the staff in there now I have a lot more faith in. Let's hope they can put together some awesomeness that they have done before. And let's hope they can perform it.

Biggest move, Blue Knights they have been on the up the past 2 years and didnt really get the pay out yet, so they are due. Plus likeable shows equal better recruiting I could see them in 8th, maybe 7th depending

Biggest drop Bluecoats, I could see 7th place, maybe 8th… they over achieved last year because so Crown and Cadets under achieved so much of that visual was a re-hash of 2006 (watch the guard) that I think theyve gone to the well too many times. I think their overuse of electronics covered some musical dirt (and completely blew their ensembles) I dont think they get a free pass this year for their shiny toy and DCI judges pushing a this is electronics written into the show well agenda. When a corps pops a high place it can intimidate some recruits and they actually lose talent

Glassman drop out, even if undeserved, kind of s DCI scolding for hanging around low too long plus Academy seems to have the script for next years produced drama, loved their show last year, one of the best books in DCI but man, did they get a gift in placement, not unlike their year in 13th place DCI shows a lot of un-merited love to them so might as well ride it

Edited by cowtown
  • Like 2

Biggest move, Blue Knights – they have been on the up the past 2 years and didn’t really get the pay out yet, so they are due. Plus likeable shows equal better recruiting – I could see them in 8th, maybe 7th depending

Biggest drop – Bluecoats, I could see 7th place, maybe 8th… they over achieved last year because so Crown and Cadets under achieved – so much of that visual was a re-hash of 2006 (watch the guard) that I think they’ve gone to the well too many times. I think their overuse of electronics covered some musical dirt (and completely blew their ensembles) I don’t think they get a free pass this year for their shiny toy and DCI judges pushing a ‘this is electronics written into the show well’ agenda. When a corps pops a high place it can intimidate some recruits and they actually lose talent

Glassman drop out, even if undeserved, kind of s DCI scolding for hanging around low too long – plus Academy seems to have the script for next years produced drama, loved their show last year, one of the best books in DCI but man, did they get a gift in placement, not unlike their year in 13th place – DCI shows a lot of un-merited love to them so might as well ride it

I hate to differ with you but Crown did not under achieve. They continue to use a visual designer that does more body movement than drill. But, for the sake of argument. They're drill was arguably the most difficult in the activity last year. I would not call their show under-achievement. I think their movement, however, will only be achieved when Leon May stops over-obsessing about body movement. It's too difficult to clean for 150 members.

Edited by Corbin
  • Like 1

This is a tough poll. As far as rising placements, I would venture Vanguard. Madison, and Academy would be the top 3. My vote went to SCV. On the drop side, I would say Troopers and Phantom will show the biggest drops. My vote here went to Troopers. I think other corps that could show drops would be Glassmen and Blue Devils, while corps that could also be on the rise include Pioneer, Crossmen and Colts.

I really think this is the year more corps will switch places from the previous year. I would almost guess that not a single corps in the top 12 remains in the same placement as last year.

Biggest move, Blue Knights – they have been on the up the past 2 years and didn’t really get the pay out yet, so they are due. Plus likeable shows equal better recruiting – I could see them in 8th, maybe 7th depending

Biggest drop – Bluecoats, I could see 7th place, maybe 8th… they over achieved last year because so Crown and Cadets under achieved – so much of that visual was a re-hash of 2006 (watch the guard) that I think they’ve gone to the well too many times. I think their overuse of electronics covered some musical dirt (and completely blew their ensembles) I don’t think they get a free pass this year for their shiny toy and DCI judges pushing a ‘this is electronics written into the show well’ agenda. When a corps pops a high place it can intimidate some recruits and they actually lose talent

Glassman drop out, even if undeserved, kind of s DCI scolding for hanging around low too long – plus Academy seems to have the script for next years produced drama, loved their show last year, one of the best books in DCI but man, did they get a gift in placement, not unlike their year in 13th place – DCI shows a lot of un-merited love to them so might as well ride it

I really don't get any of your logic here, it seems like you're predicting movement based on percieved injustices, and being at the top helps recruiting, it doesn't hurt it, and THAT is a fact my friend.

• Like 1

This is a tough poll. As far as rising placements, I would venture Vanguard. Madison, and Academy would be the top 3. My vote went to SCV. On the drop side, I would say Troopers and Phantom will show the biggest drops. My vote here went to Troopers. I think other corps that could show drops would be Glassmen and Blue Devils, while corps that could also be on the rise include Pioneer, Crossmen and Colts.

I really think this is the year more corps will switch places from the previous year. I would almost guess that not a single corps in the top 12 remains in the same placement as last year.

I don't know, Blue Stars seem pretty unwilling to give up 8th place lol. :tongue: