new flag pole from Randall May (?)

Will

Does anyone know anything about this new flag pole?? I saw it advertised in the WGI program and am interested in learning more. They are NOT cheap from what I found on the website. Has anyone here used one?? INFO PLEASE!! : )

Are these the ones with the weights that screw into the pole? He was giving away samples to directors at WGI. We got one and so did a couple of our staff members who teach high school programs. They are nicely balanced, even without a flag on them. I figure for the price of the pole, and the price you'll save on carriage bolts and end caps flying off, it may well be worth it. Haven't spun one with a flag on yet, so not sure how the balance is with different silks.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

I guess I need to watch the Blue Devils again to see what the poles look like spinning, etc..

ATX - if you spin one with a flag on it, let me know what its like please! :)

Where do you buy aluminum tubing?

its alum. tubing as per the ad. I buy alum. tubing and it comes out to 4.00 per pole. Yes u have to weight yourself BUT I also found depending on the flag design and # of pieces you want to custom weight your pole anyway.

Where do you buy aluminum tubing?

I get it from a metal fabricator..they sell all sorts of Alum. sheet metal etc etc. stuff and they also cut it to size for you if you want . It comes in 18ft. lengths so if you use 6' poles you get 3 out of each piece. Comes to about 4.00 -4.50 per pole. then of couse u have to get your weights and stoppers.

I get it from a metal fabricator..they sell all sorts of Alum. sheet metal etc etc. stuff and they also cut it to size for you if you want . It comes in 18ft. lengths so if you use 6' poles you get 3 out of each piece. Comes to about 4.00 -4.50 per pole. then of couse u have to get your weights and stoppers.

can you share this source?