Help Drum Corps with a Simple Vote!

I asked DCI why they were only promoting BD, SCV, and the Cadets.

DCI replied back that these r the only Corps eligible.

Dean

I have noticed that the new posts on facebook the last day or two, its gone from help us and those 3, to just help DCI. DCI would do themselves real good if they would just go it alone. They are not doing themselves any favors by having anything to do with those 3 Drum and Bugle Corps, IMO. Personally, I was turned off by seeing them ask with those 3. Thats just me tho... its to bad, those kids should not have to deal with the division that is going on in Drum Corps these days but... it is what it is.

I have noticed that the new posts on facebook the last day or two, its gone from help us and those 3, to just help DCI. DCI would do themselves real good if they would just go it alone. They are not doing themselves any favors by having anything to do with those 3 Drum and Bugle Corps, IMO. Personally, I was turned off by seeing them ask with those 3. Thats just me tho... its to bad, those kids should not have to deal with the division that is going on in Drum Corps these days but... it is what it is.

NO!! That is NOT "it is what it is!" :thumbdown: Cannot believe you are justifying your mentality with THAT!

Wow, that division is not created by drum corps, that division is CLEARLY only created by YOU. And if you're feeling bad for the kids, than you have no one else to blame but yourself for putting the "politics" of drum corps in this donation competition and creating that chasm.

Honestly, your mentality is making it IMPOSSIBLE for any organizations within DCI to move on and work together if you are personally "turned off" by having DCI support its members drum corps. That is what DCI SHOULD BE DOING! And you are "turned off" by that!? This is exactly the kind of poisonous attitude that only tares drum corps apart.

If you don't want to feel bad for the kids then YOU should STOP creating the division and vote for EVERY DRUM CORPS you can. You don't have to perpetuate the "you" vs. "them" attitude ALL THE TIME. Especially in circumstances like this! So now everything corps do, support, promote, and say has be to be spun and questioned with the G8 twist?! :blink: Unbelievable...

Edited by charlie1223

NO!! That is NOT "it is what it is!" :thumbdown: Cannot believe you are justifying your mentality with THAT!

Wow, that division is not created by drum corps, that division is CLEARLY only created by YOU. And if you're feeling bad for the kids, than you have no one else to blame but yourself for putting the "politics" of drum corps in this donation competition and creating that chasm.

Honestly, your mentality is making it IMPOSSIBLE for any organizations within DCI to move on and work together if you are personally "turned off" by having DCI support its members drum corps. That is what DCI SHOULD BE DOING! And you are "turned off" by that!? This is exactly the kind of poisonous attitude that only tares drum corps apart.

If you don't want to feel bad for the kids then YOU should STOP creating the division and vote for EVERY DRUM CORPS you can. You don't have to perpetuate the "you" vs. "them" attitude ALL THE TIME. Especially in circumstances like this! So now everything corps do, support, promote, and say has be to be spun and questioned with the G8 twist?! :blink: Unbelievable...

Charlie, Charlie, charlie, I like your posts. I can really tell you are a big fan of Drum and Bugle Corps keep up the good work, keeping it real in DCP. But, I think you are a little dillusional to think that I created the split in World Class Drum and Bugle Corps. I am a nobody, and in no way was it me who started this whole division, but thanks for throwing the credit my way. :blink: I have thought real hard on how to respond to your attack on me, do I take the high road or the low road, that is the question? Seeing that it is YOU, I will be taking the high road. I will be keeping it real, just for YOU. IMO, DCI would get more votes by just asking by themselves, IMO...thats it duder, My Opinion! Thats all it is. YOU have your opinion, I have mine. Lets try and keep it real all the time YOU, not just when YOU feel like it. By the way... its good to see that DCI has taken my advice.

DCI World Class Drum and Bugle Corps... RULES! All of them...!

Edited by thirdcoast

Charlie, Charlie, charlie, I like your posts. I can really tell you are a big fan of Drum and Bugle Corps keep up the good work, keeping it real in DCP. But, I think you are a little dillusional to think that I created the split in World Class Drum and Bugle Corps. I am a nobody, and in no way was it me who started this whole division, but thanks for throwing the credit my way. :blink: I have thought real hard on how to respond to your attack on me, do I take the high road or the low road, that is the question? Seeing that it is YOU, I will be taking the high road. I will be keeping it real, just for YOU. IMO, DCI would get more votes by just asking by themselves, IMO...thats it duder, My Opinion! Thats all it is. YOU have your opinion, I have mine. Lets try and keep it real all the time YOU, not just when YOU feel like it. By the way... its good to see that DCI has taken my advice.

DCI World Class Drum and Bugle Corps... RULES! All of them...!

I just hope you voted for all the drum corps then... check your inbox.

• 4 weeks later...

What I don't get is that over 2000 people that voted for the Cadets have chosen not to vote for DCI? Crazy!

• Like 1

What I don't get is that over 2000 people that voted for the Cadets have chosen not to vote for DCI? Crazy!

I think what you don't understand is that Youth Education in the Arts is not just The Cadets. It also deals with USSBA bands and maybe the young kids that voted for YEA! did not vote for DCI because they are not familiar with it. It's not fair to say that everyone who voted for YEA! purposely did not vote for DCI because you do not know that.

I think what you don't understand is that Youth Education in the Arts is not just The Cadets. It also deals with USSBA bands and maybe the young kids that voted for YEA! did not vote for DCI because they are not familiar with it. It's not fair to say that everyone who voted for YEA! purposely did not vote for DCI because you do not know that.

No, I understand perfectly well that YEA runs a band circuit. What gung ho high school marching band member doesn't know about DCI?

• Like 1