Crown 2008

So the first impact was toccata and fugue? Because it sounds like Sweeny Todd...

sorry just to post the generic "hey checkout corpsreps" post. yeah that impact *does* sound like a quote from sweeney todd. not sure if that was ever officially listed or not. been a while since i listened to finis -- thanks for the bringing it up !!

• Like 1

I wish that on the DVD they could use an optional closed caption track to note what is being played while its being played. They do it on kind-of on some of the old legacy DVDs, early 90s I think. I’m not very good at picking things out and it’s gotten more difficult for me lately. I’d be inclined to check more of it out if I knew what it was, also might get some of the design better. I know I'm missing a lot and thats a shame

there are things listed that I can never find and things I hear that I can't find listed

its not a biggie, just a mild want

• Like 2

I wish that on the DVD they could use an optional closed caption track to note what is being played while its being played. They do it on kind-of on some of the old legacy DVDs, early 90s I think. I’m not very good at picking things out and it’s gotten more difficult for me lately. I’d be inclined to check more of it out if I knew what it was, also might get some of the design better. I know I'm missing a lot and thats a shame

there are things listed that I can never find and things I hear that I can't find listed

its not a biggie, just a mild want

I think the closed caption track is a cool idea (and should fit on the DVDs without a problem).

Anyway a little more googling reveals that the "Impact" after Candide is very reminiscent of Sweeney Todd but is not an actual quote. There's actually some video of Matt Harloff being somewhat "expressive" during this section at a camp :-)

TSWSNBN:[ Carolina Crown Candide Impact]

• Like 1

Wow! Almost 3 years and this pops up again?

I personally called Crown back in '08 when this same exact argument popped up. It is not, I repeat NOT a quote from Sweeney Todd.

Quoting myself from the "Why I Love Crown" thread started on AUG, 19 2008:

Okay. This has been bugging me ever since I first heard the show and people were saying that they were playing Sweeney. Being a big ST fan and I could hear how people thought they were playing part of "Epiphany", but if you listen closely, there are differences. I just left that argument alone until now since it's come into question again. Since I still wasn't buying it, I decided to go straight to the source and called Crown myself just a few minutes ago.

For the record, they did not play Sweeney Todd. It's an original composition based on the Toccata and Fugue (which is also what Epiphany was based on). Which is why ST isn't listed on corpsreps but the Toccata and Fugue is. I find corpsreps to usually be quite accurate as they are with this one.

• Like 1