Drums! (2011 edition)

Alright, so now that move-ins are starting I thought it was time to start this thread up. These are the Pearl Finishes, Let's see if we can figure out which drum goes to which corps. Pearl Corps are: SCV, SCVC, BD, BDB, Spirit, Troop, Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Mandarins, and Cascades. So, three of these corps are using drums they already have.

WhiteMarine.jpg

TobaccoBurst.jpg

Orangewood.jpg

Greenfade.jpg

Bluesparklefade.jpg

BlueSatin.jpg

Wood.jpg

• Like 2

I'm inclined to call Blue Devils for the White Marine Pearl and SCV for the beautiful green fade. The rest? Who knows. One thing is for sure - those are some pretty drums right there. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Here is the closest thing to a picture of Boston's Drums I could get, but it is that finish with chrome hardware

QCX1412S-CK-940x420.png

• Like 1

Here's who's playing what:

WhiteMarine.jpg

BD

TobaccoBurst.jpg

Troop

Orangewood.jpg

Blue Knights

Greenfade.jpg

SCV

Bluesparklefade.jpg

BDB

BlueSatin.jpg

Blue Stars

Wood.jpg

SCV Cadets

Some interesting choices

• Like 1

I like BD's finish choice. Much like Madison (and heck, BD in '09), white pearl just 'pops' next to a dark uniform.

(And, SCVC, you can never go wrong with a natural finish.)

I know fades are en vogue right now, and at some point they won't be anymore, but I do so love them in the here and now.

Mike

• Like 3

I like troop's drums, it reminds me a little bit of The Academy's drums from last year

• Like 3

They actually remind me a bit of the Cavies' drums from '08 (Samurai). They'll look great against the dark blue of the corps uniform.

Mike

I do see the resemblance between the Cavies 08 drums and Troop's drums this year, and I agree they will look awesome. I just hope Yamaha has some killer finishes for this season, since more than half of the corps at the one corps show a year I am able to make use Yamaha.

(I go to Bristol, Rhode Island, which has 7th Regiment, Jersey Surf, Crossmen, Spirit of Atlanta, Madison Scouts, and Carolina Crown this year. SO bummed that Boston, Phantom and Bluecoats aren't coming to the show this year :sad:)

• Like 3

I do see the resemblance between the Cavies 08 drums and Troop's drums this year, and I agree they will look awesome. I just hope Yamaha has some killer finishes for this season, since more than half of the corps at the one corps show a year I am able to make use Yamaha.

(I go to Bristol, Rhode Island, which has 7th Regiment, Jersey Surf, Crossmen, Spirit of Atlanta, Madison Scouts, and Carolina Crown this year. SO bummed that Boston, Phantom and Bluecoats aren't coming to the show this year :sad:)

You can bet Yamaha will have some great custom finishes as always. They absolutely produce the finest quality finishes for marching drums. I can't wait till TAMA gets into the game full speed. Their custom finishes are the best in the drum business.

• Like 1