Hotels in downtown Indy during Finals week

Not sure where you are getting your Priceline figures from. I just looked up on www.priceline.com for the Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown. This is the downtown Indianapolis Courtyard is next to White River State Park. It is at $159 per night for Aug 10-14. If you book through DCI it is $137 per night.

Not sure where you are getting your Priceline figures from. I just looked up on www.priceline.com for the Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown. This is the downtown Indianapolis Courtyard is next to White River State Park. It is at $159 per night for Aug 10-14. If you book through DCI it is $137 per night.

Brenda and I didn't go shopping. We went across the street to the lot. It was awesome! We spent hours there before the shows :-)

IMG_0107-15.jpg

My post said:

"Hotels in D'town Indianapolis, IN for August 13, 2011 (Finals Day)"

I did not quote prices for multiple days.

If you would like to keep us abreast of the prices for multiple days, I would love to see what you can research for us!

Thank you very much for noticing the difference in prices.

Not sure why I'm about to write this but here goes... :unsure:

1. Yes, you quoted prices for just finals night(13th), but the thread is titled finals week. Somewhat misleading perhaps? :blink:

2. If you book the hotel on a nightly basis via Priceline, you will pay the following:

$159 on Wednesday (this price is for a king bed OR 2 queens)

$159 on Thursday (this price is for a king bed OR 2 queens)

$119 on Friday (this price is for a king bed, 2 queens will cost $10+ more)

$119 on Saturday (this price is for a king bed, 2 queens will cost $10+ more)

grand total: $556
(not including taxes or other fees)

If you book the hotel on a nightly basis via DCI, you will pay the following:

$137 on Wednesday

$137 on Thursday

$137 on Friday

$137 on Saturday (this price is for a king bed OR 2 queens)

grand total: $548
(not including taxes or other fees)

I'll let the number speak for themselves. Never argue with a BS and MS in math! :whistle:

Thank you very much for giving us the prices for each day! I am sure that many people will find that information helpful in their search for a good-quality, but not overpriced, Hotel for Finals Week.

You are right. If I had been more thorough in my research, I might have included the figures for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday of Finals Week! However, had I done that, would we have had as much fun? Would you, and others, have had anything to add to this thread? My job was to simply get the conversation started, not to completely fill in every possible price for each and every day of Finals Week. I just offered some prices for one day, Finals Day, to give folks a starting piont for thier own research.

I guess you gave me an "F".Maybe another "professor" will be a bit more generous?

I have a question? Which day of Finals Week is the most expensive at each Hotel on the DCI list ? The least expensive?

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

Hotels in D'town Indianapolis, IN for August 13, 2011 (Finals Day)

Distances under one mile shown from Lucas Oil Stadium to Hotel

Priceline website prices not including taxes as of June 9, 2011

Hotel................................Distance from LOS..................Priceline Price

Crowne Plaza............ ... .0.24 mi.....................................$235.00

Marriott............................0.38 mi.....................................$149.00

Homewood Suites...........0.39 mi.....................................$211.00 (up from $177.00 on the 5th)

Westin.............................0.43 mi.....................................$139.00

Hampton Inn...................0.45 mi......................................$156.00

Fairfield Inn.....................0.52 mi......................................(price not listed today)

J.W.Marriott.....................0.52 mi.....................................$174.00

Conrad............................0.54 mi.....................................$205.00

Courtyard Indy................0.56 mi.....................................$119.00

Springhill Suites..............0.56 mi.....................................$139.00

Hilton..............................0.61 mi.....................................$135.00

Sheraton.........................0.71 mi.....................................$129.00

Residence Inn................0.78 mi.....................................$149.00

Courtyard by Marriott.....0.80 mi.....................................$109.00

Please don't crucify me if I did not include all of the information you would like to see.

I am simply comparing the Priceline prices for Downtown hotels on Finals Day.

If you would like more complete information, please, send me an e-mail.

I will be happy to assist you in your research!

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

You should check out .. La Quinta Inn.. There's multiple ones in the Indianapolis area. I stayed there last year, and it was only about 15 mins away if that from the stadium. I was checking prices for this year a few weeks ago (not sure if they've changed since then) but found prices from $59-89 a night. :)

I signed a contract for a block of rooms during DCI Finals Week in Indianapolis in 2011 a few days ago. The block is at the Downtown Indianapolis Hilton. King rooms are now available for a limited time and are only $99.00 per night plus tax (17%). Please send me an e-mail to recieve info on how to book a room at this money-saving rate during DCI Finals Week in Downtown Indianapolis! This offer expires at 11:59 pm on June 30, 2011. Act now to get a great room at a 4-star Hotel!

I did this as a not-for profit service to drum corps fans everywhere. My way of saying "Thank you" without using caps!

Enjoy!

Yours in Drum Corps,

Ron Gunn

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is still looking for a room in downtown Indy for finals week, I just did a Priceline bid for a 4-star hotel in downtown Indy for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, and the Marriott Downtown on Maryland Street, about three blocks north of Lucas Oil Field, just accepted my bid of $58 a night.

The AAA price on Marriott's website is $139 a night, and the price on DCI's website is $159. Thank you, Priceline!!!

Edited by oldsoprano