So you think Parades don't Matter

Most Corps this past weekend marched parades in remembrance for those who have died in our nations service, for with out them we would not have our freedom and numerous Benefits that we have come to know. . Also that is how some corps make money to help pay some of the Bills etc.

Yes parades can be Long, Hot,humid, Sweaty, stop & go, Long waits till step off, did I mention Hot and Sweaty. Sometimes to the point of where you just wished you were someplace else. Maybe even on the other side of the parade just yelling at every musical Group to PLAY SOMETHING. By the end of the day you are just thankful it is over waa hoo I am done God its over!!!

That night or day after you are sitting at your computer hurting. Your toes are blistered , Legs are begging you to just sit down , you don't drink because it hurts to raise your arms anymore. Then you get this link from another member. It just makes you forget all those things and you just smile and are even more proud to be a Caballero. Just making one persons Day reminds us why we do what we do. Be it a Stand still performance, Parade, or Show performance its for the fans..

I will try to share this link not sure I am suppose to be sorry I had to try because to us it is a touching moment that we would like to share.

Thanks Anthony.

Edited just because.

Edited by CABADM
  • Like 2

Most Corps this past weekend marched parades in remembrance for those who have died in our nations service. Also that is how some corps make money to help pay some of the Bills etc.

Yes parades can be Long, Hot,humid, Sweaty, stop & go, Long waits till step off, did I mention Hot and Sweaty. Sometimea to the point of where you just wished you were someplace else. Maybe even on the other side of the parade just yelling at every musical Group to PLAY SOMETHING. By the end of the day you are just thankful it is over waa hoo I am done God its over!!!

That night or day after you sitting at your computer hurting. Your toes are blistered , Legs are begging you to just sit down , you don't drink because it hurts to raise your arms anymore. Then you get this link from another member. It just makes you forget all those things and you just smile and are even more proud to be a Caballero. Just making one persons Day reminds us why we do what we do. Be it a Stand still performance, Parade, or Show performance its for the fans..

I will try to share this link not sure I am suppose to be sorry I had to try because to us it is a touching moment that we would like to share.

Thanks Anthony.

that is friggin' awesome!!!!!!!!!

I for one loved doing parades ,but lest not forget thoses that gave thier lives for OUR FREEDOM to do them .Sure all corps need the money thats a given ,But FREEDOM IS NOT FREE there's always a price to pay for it .So thank a vet the next time you see them ,and enjoy the 4th of July .And i hope all corps have an AMERICA FLAG out in front ,i've see to many that don't .

I don't think anyone ever said they don't matter. After all, parades are some of the most public things corps do. That doesn't mean they don't suck hardcore, though.

I for one loved doing parades ,but lest not forget thoses that gave thier lives for OUR FREEDOM to do them .Sure all corps need the money thats a given ,But FREEDOM IS NOT FREE there's always a price to pay for it .So thank a vet the next time you see them ,and enjoy the 4th of July .And i hope all corps have an AMERICA FLAG out in front ,i've see to many that don't .

Yes! And may I add that our activity would not be existence if it wasn't for many of the men who served in the armed forces. Florida, you'll be happy to know Cabs had an honor guard this weekend. Certainly a very important section for all DCA corps!

Fantastic. That young man can play a bit, too!!!!

Fantastic. That young man can play a bit, too!!!!

I don't think anyone ever said they don't matter. After all, parades are some of the most public things corps do. That doesn't mean they don't suck hardcore, though.

Thank you for saying what I was thinking, Brother Dave. (KKY HP Chapter here, BTW.)

They're important, essential for many corps for many good reasons- but-- difficult to put it politely.