AMAZING Drumline Sound Library by System Blue!

Tritone

Virtual Drumline does the same for less

• Like 1

Virtual Drumline does the same for less

Not from what I saw!

First off, you seem pretty negative considering you haven't even used Rumble. Think of it this way, the Yamaha Corps-Custom (1990) marching snare was great and gets the job done even today, but the Yamaha SFZ or now Pearl Articulate do it more efficiently, with stronger materials resulting in a better sound, clarity, and more versatility. No one would question this and the same goes for what I see on the Rumble website and in their audio demos. They have multiple microphone distances and a multi-mic mixer, recorded on a scoring stage. This means you can mix or solo mics as you wish. Talk about customization, hearing the drum from different perspectives, wow! Also, they're sound library is full of morphed cinematic drums and ambient patches that go way beyond the scope of VDL.

Lastly, the price differential is not that much for Rumble and it's always cool to have more tools in the shed, especially new advanced ones.

-3t

Not from what I saw!

First off, you seem pretty negative considering you haven't even used Rumble. Think of it this way, the Yamaha Corps-Custom (1990) marching snare was great and gets the job done even today, but the Yamaha SFZ or now Pearl Articulate do it more efficiently, with stronger materials resulting in a better sound, clarity, and more versatility. No one would question this and the same goes for what I see on the Rumble website and in their audio demos. They have multiple microphone distances and a multi-mic mixer, recorded on a scoring stage. This means you can mix or solo mics as you wish. Talk about customization, hearing the drum from different perspectives, wow! Also, they're sound library is full of morphed cinematic drums and ambient patches that go way beyond the scope of VDL.

Lastly, the price differential is not that much for Rumble and it's always cool to have more tools in the shed, especially new advanced ones.

-3t

I didn't see any negativity, just an opinion

• Like 1

{Whoops, double post}

Edited by doylejd

It's really awesome, but for $300, I am pretty disappointed that they don't have anything besides battery percussion. With VDL, I have a huge assortment of world and classical percussion instruments that are perfectly integrated into both Finale and Sibelius. I couldn't justify spending more than I spent on that suite and the templates together just for some awesome battery sounds.

I'm sure for electronic musicians or composers who need their stuff to sound as real as possible this is great. I just don't fit that niche.

• Like 1

It's really awesome, but for $300, I am pretty disappointed that they don't have anything besides battery percussion. With VDL, I have a huge assortment of world and classical percussion instruments that are perfectly integrated into both Finale and Sibelius. I couldn't justify spending more than I spent on that suite and the templates together just for some awesome battery sounds.

I'm sure for electronic musicians or composers who need their stuff to sound as real as possible this is great. I just don't fit that niche.

That was my point

It's sounds cool, but I'm curious to see if any support will be offered for Finale Sibelius users, or if it will be like most sound libraries and geared towards composers who do their work in a DAW.

$300 does seem to be a bit high for a battery library. The problems I see it with the recordings is that they were recorded on a soundstage and not in their more normal environment of the great outdoors.

I'll give it a try when it comes out though.

The brass library on the other hand sounds GREAT!!!

As a rule I tend to not use any system blue products.

• Like 2

As a rule I tend to not use any system blue products.

I don't know your reasoning, but I am not supporting anything "system blue" as well.

• Like 1