What's the buzz, tell me what's a happening in Pittsburgh, P

Hey everyone,

There was a get together yesterday June 5th in the local Pittsburgh area that was something to behold for many drumcorps fans...A re-organizational meeting and massive rehearsal for any/all buglers, past and present, who want to be a part of a re-start for Steel City Ambassadors.... We always say "I just want to do this drumcorps thing "ONE MORE TIME" before we sit back and let the newbees carry on the tradition.... The call went out two weeks ago about the reorganization get together and the Pgh. drumcorps family responded with a rehearsal of apx 54/57 brass players, 15 or so percussion, and a start-up colorguard....Another apx. 15/18 brass players expressed an interest but were not able to attend the get together....Friendly smiling faces from four/five states were in attendance and the local drumcorp support was overwhelming....Past members were bringing younger family members to play with dad/mom, the SCA bus queen made an entrance with friends from Ohio, Olde Phartes (like me) came out of the woodwork to play drumcorps with friends.....What a fun time it is going to be in Pittsburgh with the start-up WOW factor that is present in the local community....I can now line off one more thing from my bucket list and really plan on enjoying this new upcoming ride...

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

There was a get together yesterday June 5th in the local Pittsburgh area that was something to behold for many drumcorps fans...A re-organizational meeting and massive rehearsal for any/all buglers, past and present, who want to be a part of a re-start for Steel City Ambassadors.... We always say "I just want to do this drumcorps thing "ONE MORE TIME" before we sit back and let the newbees carry on the tradition.... The call went out two weeks ago about the reorganization get together and the Pgh. drumcorps family responded with a rehearsal of apx 54/57 brass players, 15 or so percussion, and a start-up colorguard....Another apx. 15/18 brass players expressed an interest but were not able to attend the get together....Friendly smiling faces from four/five states were in attendance and the local drumcorp support was overwhelming....Past members were bringing younger family members to play with dad/mom, the SCA bus queen made an entrance with friends from Ohio, Olde Phartes (like me) came out of the woodwork to play drumcorps with friends.....What a fun time it is going to be in Pittsburgh with the start-up WOW factor that is present in the local community....I can now line off one more thing from my bucket list and really plan on enjoying this new upcoming ride...

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

Hey everyone,

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

Saw Sam Rizzi's post about this on FB. Sounds like yinz are off to a very nice start!

Like I told Sam, good luck...but most of all have FUN FUN FUN! :guinesssmilie:

John

I'll see you this Sunday...ready to raise the roof?

Fire up!!

Steve Cooley

He's ready, Steve! :thumbup:

He was born ready!!

Cooley's Back????

:blink::worthy::thumbup::music::rock::w00t::doh:

The excitement continued Sunday the 12th! What a great rehearsal with some more old and new faces coming out. Steve Cooley was on hand as well as Curt and Jaimee Hawkins and Dan McGrogan. The next rehearsal is Sunday the 26th, come on out and get you drum corps fix on!