Troopers bus involved in accident this morning

It's been a week. Any injury/health updates for these kids?

There really weren't any injuries. Just some bumps and bruises. The worst of it was one kid broke their pinky finger and another needed stitches. The corps is moving along fine, learning drill, and getting ready for the first show.

To piggy-back on Roosevelt here: while there were no major injuries (and I think I can say we are all very grateful for that), we need to remember that "bumps and bruises" in this kind of accident are not the same kind we think of when we stumble into a rock or something. I won't be surprised if there are a few holes in the first few shows while people are getting their drill and work learned.

Looking forward to hearing about their first show on June 21!!!

Here is a more informative article about the current status of the Troopers after the bus accident: Troopers move on

I like how the article said Fred made lasagna from scratch. That would be the truth if you call "from scratch" taking the pre-made lasagna out of the freezer and sticking it into the convection oven.

But he is a good warmer-upper of lasagna.

Edited by ma24le

I like how the article said Fred made lasagna from scratch. That would be the truth if you call "from scratch" taking the pre-made lasagna out of the freezer and sticking it into the convection oven.

But he is a good warmer-upper of lasagna.

I dunno.... did you see him take it out of the freezer? :tongue:

I kind of got choked up when I learned of this news. A lot of us have sons or daughters on the tour this year with other corps. I have a ton of love and respect for what these corps go through. My prayers go out to all of these performers and staff for safe travels. While I have looked forward to this tour for months, closely following DCP for comments in real time on shows, as well as Twitter. I am looking forward to August to get these kids back home with us.