Scores for the first two shows

Just what *are* they going tell the audience and the corps? "Thanks for coming -- now go home!" ???

Will they announce placements without scores?

Will the corps get any feedback at all?

It all seems a little....bizarre...

Form the "Five Things to get excited about" article from DCI

3. Fan Voting

Though official scores will be held until Monday, fans attending the season-opening events on Saturday and Sunday in Texas, will have the power to pick those night’s respective winners!At the end of each event, audience members will be able to vote via text message, allowing them to rank each of the eight performing corps. Fan votes will be tallied and announced after drum majors come back onto the field at the finale of the events in Ft. Worth and Austin.

Read more: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=6ee50c1e-dbd9-4d41-8003-fdd571da1619#ixzz1PV69XYPb

looks like they will just be announcing the fan votes placement for the night.

looks like they will just be announcing the fan votes placement for the night.

Thanks -- must have missed that article.

Still .. it's going to be kind of strange for the corps/staff not to know how things played out until Monday evening.

Edited by corpsband

Form the "Five Things to get excited about" article from DCI

3. Fan Voting

Though official scores will be held until Monday, fans attending the season-opening events on Saturday and Sunday in Texas, will have the power to pick those night’s respective winners!At the end of each event, audience members will be able to vote via text message, allowing them to rank each of the eight performing corps. Fan votes will be tallied and announced after drum majors come back onto the field at the finale of the events in Ft. Worth and Austin.

This'll be interesting if the fans are not given the criteria for them to " judge ". For example, if I'm asked to rank the 8 Corps in " entertainment value " this might be a different order than " who was better in performance execution ".

Last year, my choice at Finals for " Best Corps " was not my choice for " Most Entertaining Corps ". And vice versa. I would imagine I was not alone in this regard either. Oh well, the fans voting here counts for absolutely nothing in the ACTUAL placement anyway, so the fans can select the order on any criteria they want to use, ie.. color coordination between Percussion and Brass unis and Guard costumes. I always had a thing about that. 'Never particularly cared for Corps proper in ( say ) blue, violet, or red and Guard in ( say ) dark brown or tan. Maybe I'll use this as my criteria just to shake things up a bit.

Edited by BRASSO

This'll be interesting if the fans are not given the criteria for them to " judge ". For example, if I'm asked to rank the 8 Corps in " entertainment value " this might be a different order than " who was better in performance execution ".

Last year, my choice at Finals for " Best Corps " was not my choice for " Most Entertaining Corps ". And vice versa. I would imagine I was not alone in this regard either.

I'm sure it's just going to be "vote for your favorite." Asking fans to vote based on some sort of criteria is just...well....less than practical.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's just going to be "vote for your favorite." Asking fans to vote based on some sort of criteria is just...well....less than practical.

Well, if you're gonna play in Texas boy, ya better have a fiddler in the band. But in this case, since none of 'em do, my hunch is that the Bluecoats and Cavaliers will finish ahead of The Cadets and Crown with the Texas fans. But we'll see.

Edited by BRASSO