First Show!

I completely agree with that. All-age corps could, for example, use a professional announcer for voice stuff.

But the cost factor, I would think, will be the deciding factor whether electronics are added. That is as it should be. If a bunch of corps feel they can't afford it, then it's not worth doing.

That is up to the voting member corps to decide.

It is up to the voting body to decide. Agreed. And I agree that it is coming some day to DCA.

But the DCA audience is still pretty "oldish" and until they tap into that "youngerish" market and get those fannies in the stand you will see the older fans getting a lot of hot dogs come electronic shows or abandoning DCA forever. I do not think DCA is in any position to challenge the "oldish" audience given the economy, the number of corps DCA is losing, the shows that DCA are losing or cutting back on.

What I do not understand or have failed to see is where electronics have really helped or made a impact in SCORING with the DCI shows. No one has really been a clear victor or been pushed over the top with the help of electronics.

What I do not understand or have failed to see is where electronics have really helped or made a impact in SCORING with the DCI shows. No one has really been a clear victor or been pushed over the top with the help of electronics.

Well, there are some in DCI who might argue with you (some feel simply having electronics on the field is mandatory, I don't), there are a few shows in recent years where electronics had a major impact on the success of the program. The most obvious example is Teal Sound in 2009 and 20010, but also Cavaliers and Bluecoats last summer, and Blue Stars this year.

Cost will be a factor in the adoption of electronics, but that's not going to be as big a deal as many think. The bigger factor, as the DCI corps have learned, is that they need people who understand sound engineering to design the system. Simpy having your pit guy who ran a board in indoor isn't going to fly.

I can think of a hundred ways DCA corps this year could use electronics in various ways to enhance their program in a positive way. I would, however, urge the powers that be to build it's use into the sheets a lot differently than DCI has done.

Okay... This was originally about Cincinnati Tradition's first show, but then someone decided to make a statement about electronics in the pit, etc.... Back on topic: Yes the show was eventually cancelled around 9:30 p.m. due to not only torrential rain, but tornado sirens, a touchdown in the region (Kentucky) and lightning. Cinti went on in a moderate downpour and after a delay of 30 minutes... Pioneer went on and looked pretty good, though smaller than in years past. The quality is still evident, however. I missed seeing the Crossmen, but I did see Troopers and was very impressed with them. Shortly after the Troopers left the field, the rain hit in full force, forcing the stands to empty, quickly. Cincinnati Tradition did not recieve a score, choosing to go on as an exibition with comments on sheets provided by the Judges. This will help the corps as they work to put the rest of the show on the field. The fans can expect to see an improved corps and show at DCA Prelims.To her credit, Drum Major Cynthia Foltz did a stellar job of keeping the corps togeather under less than desirable conditions! Now..... ENOUGH about the electronics debate! It will come. We will adapt. :tongue:

Cincinnati Tradition did not recieve a score, choosing to go on as an exibition with comments on sheets provided by the Judges. This will help the corps as they work to put the rest of the show on the field.

That's good news, Steve. Feedback is always important.

I mean judges' feedback... not electronic feedback. :tongue:

Thanks for all the well wishes! It was an "interesting" evening. At least, I think hail qualifies as interesting. :blink: It was very life-affirming to share the challenging conditions with so many positive young people, both in my corps and among the juniors.

Robert Kirby

...Cinti went on in a moderate downpour and after a delay of 30 minutes... Cincinnati Tradition did not recieve a score, choosing to go on as an exibition with comments on sheets provided by the Judges. This will help the corps as they work to put the rest of the show on the field. The fans can expect to see an improved corps and show at DCA Prelims. To her credit, Drum Major Cynthia Foltz did a stellar job of keeping the corps togeather under less than desirable conditions!

Awesome!

Glad to hear that Tradition got to perform before the crappy weather hit.

It's always good to get that first performance under your belt and put

those first show jitters behind you. Congrats Tradition!

Cant't wait to host Tradition at the Kiltie Klassic Invitational in August!

We'll do our best to make it an enjoyable experience for you all.

Hairbear, you coming to town that weekend?

Awesome!

Glad to hear that Tradition got to perform before the crappy weather hit.

It's always good to get that first performance under your belt and put

those first show jitters behind you. Congrats Tradition!

Cant't wait to host Tradition at the Kiltie Klassic Invitational in August!

We'll do our best to make it an enjoyable experience for you all.

Hairbear, you coming to town that weekend?

Yes I am! WWBD! :satisfied: