MBI and Govies

Scores from wednesday night...

MBI: 76.50 (+0.00)

Govies: 62.90 (-1.80)

Not really sure on this one. both corps seemed to do better than Tuesday night. Was rather windy the first half of the show. Counted 9 hats/shakos on the ground between MBI, Pioneer and Troopers

My math was not wrong, just the report. The reporter in the DCI thread said 10 brass, 9 guard, 8 battery and 6 pit. The makes 33. With that being said, I figured you guys were fine on numbers.

I counted:

10 brass (3 trumpets, 2 mellos, 3 baritones, 2 contras)

10 battery (4 snares, 2 tenors, 4 bass)

6 pit

12 guard

1 DM

Total: 39

Folks, don't let the small numbers fool you. The hornline is already playing a fairly complex book at high level, the percussion section is off to a good start, and the colorguard will easily win high guard at DCA.

• Like 1

Good to hear both Minn. corps are off to a good start .Enjoyed you both at DCA for the past few years .Brass has been the only corps to come near Reading ,maybe it be your year to take the crown .GO MINN> BRASS

Edited by Florida Sun

I find it hard to believe that Minnesota Brass had the same score in Mankato and Woodbury given the fact they had a rehearsal day in Mankato.

I find it hard to believe that Minnesota Brass had the same score in Mankato and Woodbury given the fact they had a rehearsal day in Mankato.

:ph34r:

Hey Patrick ! I guess there could be a reason for that..they just made copies of Tuesday night's sheets and had the judges swap signatures!! :whistle: JUST KIDDING ALL YOU TROLLS :bigsmile:

I don't know how much time they spend rehearsing yesterday, since there are still a majority of folks working during the day yesterday..Besides they were on very early, so maybe a runthrough or 2, and some warmup..

BTW - Gwynne and I have your NEW jacket - so we'll have it at the show at TCF Bank Stadium. Come find me at the souvie booth!!! See you soon!

Pat

Scores from wednesday night...

MBI: 76.50 (+0.00)

Govies: 62.90 (-1.80)

Not really sure on this one. both corps seemed to do better than Tuesday night. Was rather windy the first half of the show. Counted 9 hats/shakos on the ground between MBI, Pioneer and Troopers

While the judges comments and sheets provide the corps with a wealth of information to go back and build upon ....I have yet to see where DCI scores have been consistent enough across the board to give DCA corps a accurate assessment on standings.

Hey Patrick ! I guess there could be a reason for that..they just made copies of Tuesday night's sheets and had the judges swap signatures!! :whistle: JUST KIDDING ALL YOU TROLLS :bigsmile:

I don't know how much time they spend rehearsing yesterday, since there are still a majority of folks working during the day yesterday..Besides they were on very early, so maybe a runthrough or 2, and some warmup..

BTW - Gwynne and I have your NEW jacket - so we'll have it at the show at TCF Bank Stadium. Come find me at the souvie booth!!! See you soon!

Pat

We had a full 10am-4pm rehearsal yesterday in Mankato, so significantly more than a run-through and some warmup. We cleaned a bunch, and had a much better show than Tuesday across the board. As Camel Lips eluded to, we're not terribly worried about the scores we get from DCI shows. The judges comments hold more weight. Getting a truly accurate score for us isn't going to happen until we face our direct competition in Lewisburg.

We had a full 10am-4pm rehearsal yesterday in Mankato, so significantly more than a run-through and some warmup. We cleaned a bunch, and had a much better show than Tuesday across the board. As Camel Lips eluded to, we're not terribly worried about the scores we get from DCI shows. The judges comments hold more weight. Getting a truly accurate score for us isn't going to happen until we face our direct competition in Lewisburg.

Sorry Rook - forgot you guys spent the day (forgetting about Penny bringing the big grill down to cook lunch) :doh:

Must be getting old(er)..Be thankful you guys aren't out there today.. :thumbdown:

Yes, Lewisburg will be the first 'official' slate you see, but the numbers from the few DCI shows are like things in your passenger rear view mirror...Closer than they appear. :tongue:

Although I did hear that the judges on Tuesday did have a quizzical look on their faces seeing the new DCA sheets..that would be priceless. :thumbup:

Pat

I counted:

10 brass (3 trumpets, 2 mellos, 3 baritones, 2 contras)

10 battery (4 snares, 2 tenors, 4 bass)

6 pit

12 guard

1 DM

Total: 39

Folks, don't let the small numbers fool you. The hornline is already playing a fairly complex book at high level, the percussion section is off to a good start, and the colorguard will easily win high guard at DCA.

For the record, I was not stating that a member of the Govies did not know how many was in her corps. I was just adding up the total that was given from the show. Glad they have 39.