Whitewater Roadhaus

Blue Stars Creeping up behind the Cavaliers. Closing that gap. Not saying they are going to beat them, but that puts them at a higher level of competition. :smile: But who knows, if that gap keeps closing, anything could happen. It's only the end of June. I can dream I guess.

(Point Spreads)

6/30 - 5.7

6/29 - 6.3

6/28 - 6.3

6/26 - 6.2

6/25 - 6.9

6/24 - 7.8

6/21 - 5.6 :ph34r:

6/19 - 8.15

6/18 - 9.9

Go Troop. :ph34r:

:thumbup:

Looks like Troop is widening their lead on Colts and creeping up to Spirit and Glassmen! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 1

Beer, Brats, cheese, and drum corp..... Heaven on earth to me. Go Troop!

• Like 2

Blue Stars Creeping up behind the Cavaliers. Closing that gap. Not saying they are going to beat them, but that puts them at a higher level of competition. :smile: But who knows, if that gap keeps closing, anything could happen. It's only the end of June. I can dream I guess.

(Point Spreads)

6/30 - 5.7

6/29 - 6.3

6/28 - 6.3

6/26 - 6.2

6/25 - 6.9

6/24 - 7.8

6/21 - 5.6 :ph34r:

6/19 - 8.15

6/18 - 9.9

while scores are fun and all,one corps "closing the gap" between another corps that has almost 6 points difference literally means nothing. Alot of corps are going to start closing the gaps because they have that much more room for improvement. the judges cant give the corps at the top +2 points every show or else a corps like the Cavies/Cadets will be scoring in the 90 range the first week of July. The scores will end up plateuing as well, and also we'll start to see more scores fluctuate from show to show.

For Example: The Blue Stars on June 18th scored a 64.75. tonight they scored a 75.4 that an improvement of 10.65 points. Now the Cavies on the other hand scored a 74.3 on 6/18 and a 81.1 tonight. Thats an improvement of only 6.8 ponts. Does this mean that the Stars are rehearsing that much better then the Cavies, no! If the Cavies had a 10.65 point improvement,they would of scored an 85 tonight and its not even July.

Point is: the corps at the top will be given smaller numbers for improvement, while the corps behind them will continually close the gap or surpass. Usually around Allentown, maybe Atlanta we can start to really tell +/- within a spot or two where corps will be ranked come finals.

Edited by GREENBLUE

There have been PLENTY of examples over the years of one marching arts genre "borrowing" inspiration from another (BOA band borrowing from DCI corps, DCI corps borrowing from WGI ensemble, etc). Cavaliers drawing influence from Northcoast Academy isn't new, nor will it be the last time it happens.

All the really matters is if Cavaliers' doing something similar from someone else is used in an effective way. I think unequivocally they are, so it doesn't bother me.

FWIW, I had the same opinion about Cadets' 2000 tenor feature being VERY similar to Ponderosa HS's WGI medaling show from 1999. It made me mad that people were giving them love w/out giving Ponderosa credit. But after awhile I realized that me getting upset was pointless since a) I had nothing to do with Ponderosa or Cadets (and therefor it's not like Cadets were 'ripping me off' or denying me glory) and b) it was new to DCI so it introduced plenty of new fans to the fun of that moment.

Heck, maybe this discussion will turn people onto Northcoast Academy

maybe more people will watch WGI

Cavies battery was very slick in the lot tonight and I got some great HD video to share when I have time. 5th bass drum was out of commission for injury, so he was taking ipad video for review. Hoping to get up to Minnysoda for the show in a couple weeks as tonight I took students to check out the warm-ups for them to see what it takes to get ready for a show at the DCI level.

• Like 1

Cavies battery was very slick in the lot tonight and I got some great HD video to share when I have time. 5th bass drum was out of commission for injury, so he was taking ipad video for review. Hoping to get up to Minnysoda for the show in a couple weeks as tonight I took students to check out the warm-ups for them to see what it takes to get ready for a show at the DCI level.

I noticed the other day, that there where only 4 basses. Glad to hear he's still around. Hopefully the injury isnt too bad and he'll be back on the field soon!

On a positive note, with no percussion judges the past week, if youre gonna be hurt I guess this is/was the week to do it :unsure:

Edited by GREENBLUE