PA Corps

Same in Ontario. Alumni corps are thriving - competetive not so much. :sad:

And we don't have anything like a Buccaneers.....

I guess I'm old enough to remember ODCA and corps like the Optimists. Ontario had some innovation and good stuff happening, then it all seemed to have vaporized in an instant.

Just a shame that other states can have 3 or 4 DCA corps and other states are lucky to have one at all..

its a shame that some HS kids have no clue what DCA is, and they think you have to be "OLD" to join lol

Just a shame that other states can have 3 or 4 DCA corps and other states are lucky to have one at all..

its a shame that some HS kids have no clue what DCA is, and they think you have to be "OLD" to join lol

I know what you mean. Every time I try to explain to a kid that DCA has no age-out restriction they put that cocker spanial look on their face.

What's too bad is that there are not a few shows like the "National Dream" in Jersey City,NJ.or the Big Hershy Penn. Show. You know 5 or 6 Jr and 5 or 6 (SR) All Age.

Have the Jr's go on First. Might, make people the more DCI crowd stay around for rest of show to get scores. Just make sure That BOTH the, 5 or 6 Jr's & All age are pretty much Top of DCI & DCA Corps. Maybe have one in Columbus, Ohio and or one in Richmond, VA to start. Then maybe other places.

Just an Idea!:unsure:

What's too bad is that there are not a few shows like the "National Dream" in Jersey City,NJ.or the Big Hershy Penn. Show. You know 5 or 6 Jr and 5 or 6 (SR) All Age.

Have the Jr's go on First. Might, make people the more DCI crowd stay around for rest of show to get scores. Just make sure That BOTH the, 5 or 6 Jr's & All age are pretty much Top of DCI & DCA Corps. Maybe have one in Columbus, Ohio and or one in Richmond, VA to start. Then maybe other places.

Just an Idea!:unsure:

I would lay down in traffic to get those kind of tickets.

I know what you mean. Every time I try to explain to a kid that DCA has no age-out restriction they put that cocker spanial look on their face.

I know what I you mean. I encouraged a bunch of my HS students to go to some shows last summer (as I do every summer) as a 3 time DCA competitor (Brigs 04-05 Bucs 06).

When I asked them how they liked it, I got "the only respectable corps out there was the Bucs".

These same kids went to DCI shows all summer and loved it. I think its just what the pulse of the kids want today. Most of the DCA corps are doing a different style than what the DCI corps are doing. I keep at them and letting them know what a Great experience I had.

Thats also why if there were more local DCA corps... kids would have a different feel about them, and maybe push the level a bit (IDK) just wishful thinking I guess..

I know most parents can't afford to let the kids travel and todays travel cost are crazy to head out of state every weekend..

I wish I knew what drum corps was when I was in high school.. i joined to late to do DCI

There is a corps that is trying to start up in Erie, PA called Lake Effect. Alot of marching members from this area always made the trip (or still do) to Empire Statesmen, Crusaders, Brigs, or Reading.

The whole concept of starting a corps in an area is the fact that they know what DCI is here, but no one really knows DCA exists... so its all about the education of the circuit, activity, and to let everyone know we are here.

There is a corps that is trying to start up in Erie, PA called Lake Effect. Alot of marching members from this area always made the trip (or still do) to Empire Statesmen, Crusaders, Brigs, or Reading.

The whole concept of starting a corps in an area is the fact that they know what DCI is here, but no one really knows DCA exists... so its all about the education of the circuit, activity, and to let everyone know we are here.

"Cincinnati Tradition" (DCA Class A) is doing the same thing here. It is difficult to start or maintain an all age corps in an area that has almost no knowlege of DCA. Cincinnati has a large talent pool. That talent goes to Toledo, Canton, Bloomington, etc...

The task at hand is to keep some of that talent here in Cincinnati. We are on target to do just that, within 2 or 3 years. DCA has a new marketing strategy that I think will help corps such as Cincinnati Tradition, as they grow their program.

The only way you can reach most of the younger people from DCI to DCA groups is too, interact DCI and DCA shows into one show from time to time, and at different shows, and different locations. This will give many of them as they get ready too age out another place too go to, and those who cannot afford to travel DCI or did not make the ranks of DCI corps.

By putting shows of this caliber together, this would show many parents that all age groups can be benifitial to all as given the chance for exsperients and time too put money aside for the following year as some may still have chance to go DCI. And this actually make for great show and great compitition, and I believe it will bring many groups together. Just as major baseball clubs have tripel AAA clubs. By putting these shows together people will be able to see the differents and understand that they stride for the same things, ARTS, EDUCATIONS, AND ENJOYMENT.