Baltimore Area/Havre de Grace Parades 2011

Yeah, I know Bel Air (used to be the last one) has yet to go on but logging off in a few minutes.

Not doing a couple of these for the first time in years and always enjoyed being around the other corps. So how did everything go? Still a scarey looking weather report but at least no lightning that I know of. (Some Gettysburg re-enacters were struck the other night while sleeping.) Hope to hear some stories by tomorrow.

#1 Hope everyone is safe and well from today. Thanks for remembering the 4th and supporting your corps and the activity.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

They were awesome! The crowds loved out rendition of the "Cupid Shuffle!" We do a little dance break-down and we get a huge response from that. We had several people dance with us in the street as we performed!

On a personal note, I got to see several former students who were watching the parades in Arbutus and Catonsville. So, they got a little taste of what I talk about in school so much!

Thanks.... and Catonsville was the town I couldn't remember last night... :doh:

Thanks.... and Catonsville was the town I couldn't remember last night... :doh:

Missed you Jim. Went looking for you! Would have loved to see you do a little jig to our "Cupid's Shuffle". :tongue:

Shenandoah Sound was very busy this weekend with all day practice at our show followed by our hosting a competition that evening. Next day we were on the road to Havre de Grace for a parade. Next came the "Tour de Maryland" with five parades. All the parades were absolutely perfect. The weather was great with an overcast in the morning which kept the temperatures down. A bit of sun and a rise in temperature in the afternoon in Arbutus, then a nice comfortable parade in Belair to finish off the tour.

They were awesome!! Once again it was a great bonding time for our members. We worked a lot in between parades fine tuning our show :thumbup: . Thank you to our staff who came along and spent the weekend with us. They worked just as hard and we love them for it!!! We also shared some great moments with Gold and Shenandoah. We didn't get to do the whole big corps combined playing at the last parade but Sound and Fusion did play through Georgia together and it was definitely one of those memorable moments for members of both corps.

Gold and Fusion had a little "old school" face off in Havre De Grace.........it definitely was intense......although we enjoyed playing for each other there was that "competitive feeling" in the air no doubt.

And then there was the hotel story about Don walking in on the big naked guy laying in the bed in the room that Don was mistakenly given a key for!!! You just can't make up this stuff!!!!!

Great times had by all FOR SURE.

Jim- check your mailbox. If you didn't get anything lemme know. I'm gathering up the supplies. :cool:

And on thread, good to hear there's still sponsors to have the corps in and help them raise the needed funds to get it done.

Jim- check your mailbox. If you didn't get anything lemme know. I'm gathering up the supplies. :cool:

And on thread, good to hear there's still sponsors to have the corps in and help them raise the needed funds to get it done.

Oops, will respond later today/tomorrow but doubt it. :sad:

Dundalk parade is funny as some of the loudspeakers are waaaay in front of the reviewing stand and you can hear the corps being announced. Sometimes I could hear the name of the sponsor in between notes. One year a hardware store was our sponsor and think Mars SuperMarket was another. Yeah, considering these are well paying parades that help the corps survive and there are MANY corps.... :worthy: