Pioneer 2011

Congratulations to Pioneer for breaking 70 last night. It is the highest score they have achieved since 2009. Keep at it, you will make a comeback. Talk about the little engine that could.

they got a 73.95 last year at QTR Finals.

Thank you for correcting me. I had somehow forgotten that. Nevertheless, with a bare bones corps this year, I think they are doing quite well and hopefully the will begin a comeback next year.

Here's how I think Pioneer could stir some excitement for the 2012 season.

DCI is really due for another pirate show. My suggestion is for Pioneer to do music from the Schonberg/Boubill broadway production of "The Pirate Queen". Not a great musical but it does contain moments of great music from the team that brought us "Les Miz". Certainly eleven minutes of great music could be culled from the book. The musical was based on Irish folk legend, Grace O'Malley. A perfect fit for Pioneer to exploit their Irish identity in a new and refreshing way. Also, kids just love pirates.

Edited by warsawstory

Here's how I think Pioneer could stir some excitement for the 2012 season.

DCI is really due for another pirate show. My suggestion is for Pioneer to do music from the Schonberg/Boubill broadway production of "The Pirate Queen". Not a great musical but it does contain moments of great music from the team that brought us "Les Miz". Certainly eleven minutes of great music could be culled from the book. The musical was based on Irish folk-lore legend, Grace O'Malley. A perfect fit for Pioneer to exploit their Irish identity in a new and refreshing way. Also, kids just love pirates.

On the field, from Milwaukee, Wisconsin...it's The Pirateneers! Then we could finally lose those silly hats!