Recent Scores:

7/2 - Michigan City, IN - 60.100

7/3 - Cedarburg, WI - 59.900

7/1 - Oswego, IL - 59.300

6/30 - Whitewater, WI - 59.600

6/29 - Mankato, MN - 57.200

Discuss! :smile:

is that the rep?

I was told by a couple of folk this rep was pulled and replaced by all original music.

is that the rep?

I was told by a couple of folk this rep was pulled and replaced by all original music.

. . .just going from corpsreps here; I haven't had a chance to watch the show and/or verify. If someone has the current rep, let me know, and I'll change it. :smile:

And there is just enough occasional Irish motifs to make it interesting!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen Pioneer? Have they changed or added to thier show? Haven't seen them for a couple of weeks so I don't know what is happening.

Has anyone seen Pioneer? Have they changed or added to thier show? Haven't seen them for a couple of weeks so I don't know what is happening.

Not a lot of changes, just a lot of cleaning and rehearsing. I had the opportunity to watch them rehearse quite a bit in recent days at Pioneerland and they're pretty intense about what they're doing. I like the focus from the staff and the members. No bull, just a lot of hard work. Overall just a great bunch of people to be around and I look forward to seeing how they do the rest of the season. The Paddock Lake show was a bit of an oddity since they haven't had a show since last week and won't have another until next week. I'm not sure if that was an accurate read or not on the progress they've made. I think they're due for a bump in score once they get back in the regular show swing next week.

All of the alumni that were at the reunion and saw their exhibition on Saturday afternoon feel like this corps is back at the same level as they were in the mid 90's. There's a lot of renewed alumni interest and I hope that translates into better things ahead for the corps as a whole. We're already working on a couple of events for next year that will serve as fundraisers and help to get the Pioneer name back out into the Milwaukee community. We've had some positive media coverage over the past 10 days in this market and there's a bunch of people have been reminded that we're still alive and kicking.

Looking forward to next year a bit more, the online applications have already started coming in for prospective members. We were able to find 40-50 great kids this year. Our hope is that they stick around and that we're able to at least duplicate that success with recruiting this off season.

• Like 1

Not a lot of changes, just a lot of cleaning and rehearsing. I had the opportunity to watch them rehearse quite a bit in recent days at Pioneerland and they're pretty intense about what they're doing. I like the focus from the staff and the members. No bull, just a lot of hard work. Overall just a great bunch of people to be around and I look forward to seeing how they do the rest of the season. The Paddock Lake show was a bit of an oddity since they haven't had a show since last week and won't have another until next week. I'm not sure if that was an accurate read or not on the progress they've made. I think they're due for a bump in score once they get back in the regular show swing next week.

All of the alumni that were at the reunion and saw their exhibition on Saturday afternoon feel like this corps is back at the same level as they were in the mid 90's. There's a lot of renewed alumni interest and I hope that translates into better things ahead for the corps as a whole. We're already working on a couple of events for next year that will serve as fundraisers and help to get the Pioneer name back out into the Milwaukee community. We've had some positive media coverage over the past 10 days in this market and there's a bunch of people have been reminded that we're still alive and kicking.

Looking forward to next year a bit more, the online applications have already started coming in for prospective members. We were able to find 40-50 great kids this year. Our hope is that they stick around and that we're able to at least duplicate that success with recruiting this off season.

It appeared to me that either more guard members have been added or they have been better integrated into the show. I like that they are no longer doing the movements with horns during the ballad.

The article in the JS was some good press. Keep in contact with that reporter. It would be cool to nurture a relationship as it could lead to something like the Blue Stars have with the LaCrosse paper.

I'm glad to see the alumni really stepping up. Here's an idea - Maybe they can raise funds and dedicate them solely towards underwriting the returning vet's tour fees. With having a smaller corps this year, retention is going to have to be a top goal.

Maybe it is also time to start up a local drum line aimed at younger kids. Some possible partnerships could be COA (Children's Outing Association), Michael Cudahy YMCA, Milwaukee Youth Symphony - they have a Calypso drum group, and your old partner the Boys and Girls club. COA in particular has some big funding behind them and perhaps some of that could spill over. The percussion instructor at UW-M marched Cavies and would be a great resource for helping you find some (volunteer?) staff.

Just my two cents in helping Pioneer build it's brand within the community.

Go Pioneer!

I've seen the Pioneer videos on Fan Network. Kudos to the performers for sticking it out and for the design team for writing and staging the show to the size of the corps. I think this is already paying off score wise.

The harsh reality though in World Class, is it is going to be difficult to be competitive with 55 members.

If they are scoring at 60 right now, unfortunately, even with their hard work at rehearsal, their score will likely slowly climb and top off at 65-70 due to spreads that will be established with the other World Class corps.