DCA Age Outs ?

I guess top 5 corps can be picky and selective. I mean they have people coming out of everywhere to be with them right?

Not that it makes it right. Just makes it the way it is.

I guess top 5 corps can be picky and selective. I mean they have people coming out of everywhere to be with them right?

Not that it makes it right. Just makes it the way it is.

Your absolutely right, it is what it is, and there truly is no right or wrong. As long as there are enough of us 'ol folk around, there will be somewhere for us!

I did 2 parades this past Monday...ummm, but I will point out they were on a flatbed....Minicorps has its advantages...LOL

I do believe that what you said happened to your sister is fact. Because, the same thing happened to me when I went to audition for a top 5 corps, and I was only 38 at the time, and this was only a few years ago.Just as you said, they don't come out and verbally say they don't want you there but you definitely get that cold shoulder type of feeling, I guess that I didn't want to believe that what I was feeling was really happening.But when u talk about your sisters experience, you validate what i felt in my own experience, in that same situation. So I wasn't saying it was hard to believe you, I was saying that i'm in disbelief that there is age discrimination in what's susposed to be an all age drum and bugle corps association, I'm sorry if I did not clarify myself better.The reason i wanted input from staff members Is because I was planning on making a comeback myself in 2012, but if me being in my early 40s is going to cause me to get rejected by a competing corps because of my age then I won't even waste my time..I just hope that there are corps out there that are honest enough to say that they perfer younger members.DCA Corps have evolved If having younger members is what corps feel they need to be competitive, they have evry right to do so, I'm certainly not going to knock them for that. But don't fly under the all-age banner if u don't really want people of all ages, that is very misleading.With that being said, instead of me returning to DCA in 2012, I will just continue cycling and enjoying motorsports on the weekends...Whatever direction DCA is going in I wish all the corps good luck in the future..

Cool, and not cool..That sux, but yep, it is apparent what we grew up loving has passed some of us by, SOMEWHAT...I say somewhat, because I get the biggest charge out of what I do. I spent the last few years with the Boston Crusaders Sr. corps and had a blast there, left for the Rockland Defenders, and am having a blast there..Park and Play baby!!!!! Then there is Mass Brass, which challenges the heck out of me and I love every minute of it! But again, with gas prices the way they are, etc etc... This all fits my hankering for Drum Corps totally. Different strokes I guess...

youre lucky I guess but even in Alumni Westshore competiting corps and otherwise maybe is a more progressive place

Well we were usually the youngest corps on stage at Serenade. Drumlines average is finally over 40 lol

Well we know Bucs don't discriminate. Walt Street had a knee replacement and marched that year