OMAHA! From Captain Negative!

BD, while I actually enjoyed their show musically when I saw it live, visually it is very "low budget." Lets move from here to there, without any real reason, play with these props, then blow the doors down. Whatever.

I think the bitterness on my part, is from the facts that...

A.) BD used to march and play the hell out of their shows. Not necessarily innovative drill, but they were moving and playing these incredible long, flowing, musical lines and harmony.

B.) Other corps have followed suit trying to steal the "Blue Devils method" from recent year, and we keep seeing more and more crap on the field. Most of the time this just serves to divide the field and make appropriate visual transitions from one area to another impossible or difficult.

• Like 1

I think the bitterness on my part, is from the facts that...

A.) BD used to march and play the hell out of their shows. Not necessarily innovative drill, but they were moving and playing these incredible long, flowing, musical lines and harmony.

B.) Other corps have followed suit trying to steal the "Blue Devils method" from recent year, and we keep seeing more and more crap on the field. Most of the time this just serves to divide the field and make appropriate visual transitions from one area to another impossible or difficult.

AMEN!

• Like 1

easily one of the best reviews I've ever seen on here

Love the truth when it is there! The truth can hurt and it will set you free.

I also am fed up with the amount of park and blows

LOVE me some more Park and Blow, (:worthy:) even though P + B's are most likely too agressive and loud for the sensibilities of the current DCI wine and cheese artsy fartsy crowd. A "Corps" putting out too much harsh non-symphonic like volume while standing still might injure their delicate little eardrums. :rolleyes:

• Like 1