I really need help...

there are various answers to this thread...

1. if she works hard, she can make the line next year.

2. you don't have to march at the same place as your gf. you can see each other after shows on tour.

3. she probably won't be your gf next summer, so don't worry about it.

Thank you for saying what I was thinking....I get the "we're joined at the hip forever" notion that IS part and parcel of being 16, but since no World Class corps I know about takes package deals, I would suggest you might have a better shot with a good Open Class corps.....that is your best chance of easing her in where she is a brand new brass player and also you two marching in the same corps, if that is a priority.

Dont make a life decision like this one at 16 based on your girlfriend!!!

• Like 1

The thing is she refuses to learn baritone. She is a normal sized girl but she can Barry hold up my baritone for 2 minutes. I'm not cutting myself, I have a great feeling "I" will make it. I went to the glassmen clinic a few days ago at bowling green and the baritone players said I looked excellent. And Ive been playing for 5 years so im probably a lot better than some of the baritones I met the other day. Most were clarinet and trombone players. I also play trombone in jazz band but besides that point, it's just trying to figure out what is attainable for her. I know yeahyeah you put your mind to something and you'll automatically get it but come on, that's not always true In the real world. I really don't want to do open class, I was offered to march at Racine scouts for free this summer but I turned it down. I feel I'm capable of world class. But if glassmen doesn't work out, what should we try? The colts?

Dont make a life decision like this one at 16 based on your girlfriend!!!

Meh, which corps to march in at 16 years-old, isn't close to the worst decision that is based on where their girlfriend is marching.

OP: I'd just try to make a deal with each other, that no matter what happens with your relationship (yes, I know it's likely all sunshine and rainbows right now, but you never know...)....you'll both march.

The thing is she refuses to learn baritone. She is a normal sized girl but she can Barry hold up my baritone for 2 minutes. I'm not cutting myself, I have a great feeling "I" will make it. I went to the glassmen clinic a few days ago at bowling green and the baritone players said I looked excellent. And Ive been playing for 5 years so im probably a lot better than some of the baritones I met the other day. Most were clarinet and trombone players. I also play trombone in jazz band but besides that point, it's just trying to figure out what is attainable for her. I know yeahyeah you put your mind to something and you'll automatically get it but come on, that's not always true In the real world. I really don't want to do open class, I was offered to march at Racine scouts for free this summer but I turned it down. I feel I'm capable of world class. But if glassmen doesn't work out, what should we try? The colts?

I think you should audition for what ever corps you want to audition for, if you want to audition for Glassmen or Colts then do it. Have her come along and also audition, you never know she could very well make Glassmen.

This is going from audition recommendations to relationship counseling, but it looks like you've got some tough decisions coming up for yourself.

If your relationship is strong, it'll survive separation. If it's not, being together won't help much.

• Like 1