DCI Minnesota Judging Panel

I've marched in quite a few shows, but we rarely knew who was judging, and the shows I go to now to watch, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the names. So, I'm sure some of you know a lot more about this stuff than I do. Thanks.

There were several shows in the 1970s where they actually put numbers on the judges. The judges were then introduced, with /number/caption they judged/judge's name, so the

crowd could follow certain judges as they worked.

"Introducing number 15.....General Effect Brass......John Doe!"

I have never seen Nola Jones on any music caption...always visual.

• Like 1

yeah I googled her Frank LOL...I always just saw her on visual panels.

Hope to see you soon!

Donny

yeah I googled her Frank LOL...I always just saw her on visual panels.

Hope to see you soon!

Donny

she did a lot of GE for WGi Percussion this winter. she'll be fine

I think it's ... interesting ... that the only judges anyone seems to pick out to complain about are women.

Doyle is male and got some serious flack for some pretty random scoring in california this year.

Albert Lo gets annihilated on here because of his scoring every once in a while, as well.

Prosperie used to get hated on by the BD guys.

Very coincidental, as of recent, that most of the complaining is going towards women. DCI and its fanbase, if anything, are one of the most accepting groups in the world. All colors, races, tons of nationalities, transgender, homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, male, female... trying to make this sexist is funny, given the fact that drum corps as a group has shown time and time again to be a pretty accepting crowd.

Very coincidental, as of recent, that most of the complaining is going towards women. DCI and its fanbase, if anything, are one of the most accepting groups in the world. All colors, races, tons of nationalities, transgender, homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, male, female... trying to make this sexist is funny, given the fact that drum corps as a group has shown time and time again to be a pretty accepting crowd.

I'm not accusing anyone of sexism or making any implications, I'm just noting what I've seen. I'm sure all judges get blasted from time to time, but I haven't seen any of the men (who make up the *vast* majority of judges) be subject to the vitriol that Debbie Torchia and Marie Czapinski get around here. I'm sure it's a coincidence.

Edited by skywhopper

Marie Czapinski get around here. I'm sure it's a coincidence.

Marie is a polarizing individual. Definitely someone that everyone should meet, if given the chance.

Anyone who doesn't like my, or other's, views of her scoring...should meet her. I'd like to hear the before and after impressions of her. :-)

That being said, her hubby is a great guy and wonderful to talk to!