Gold in Indy?

DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP! THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORGANIZATION!

With Gold's recent tour to Denver, it seems like they're testing the waters to see if an Indy tour is possible. They certainly have the talent, numbers, and design team to make it high into OC finals if they do. Does anybody else think we might see them further east in the next 1-3 years?

Edited by MetalTones2012
  • Like 1

As another casual observer, it seems they're following a similar course of other corps in recent years. Start the program and slowly, and responsibly, grow the program. They are working within their means and are having some success with it. Denver was a good step towards expanding into a touring Open Class corps. But like others before them, they might tour one year and take another off, similar to what SCVC has done.

I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed ther performance when I saw them at the Walnut, CA, show. Whatever they're overall plan is, it's working. If, or when, they take that next step, I get the feeling that they'll do it when they're ready, and not before. That's good management, IMO.

Garry in Vegas

would be nice to see, BUT now if they can get the infrastructure for it, and not have the issues they had when going to denver, it may work. you cannot have their members supporting themselves every day for meals, that's uncalled for. a corps should be able to feed the members while on the road, and NOT just drop them off at a restaurant and say "there you go, get something to eat". you must have a food truck to tour with. totally not acceptable, at least NOT for my sister's son who traveled with them, it was insane trying to get money to him because "they were not fed".

• Like 1

would be nice to see, BUT now if they can get the infrastructure for it, and not have the issues they had when going to denver, it may work. you cannot have their members supporting themselves every day for meals, that's uncalled for. a corps should be able to feed the members while on the road, and NOT just drop them off at a restaurant and say "there you go, get something to eat". you must have a food truck to tour with. totally not acceptable, at least NOT for my sister's son who traveled with them, it was insane trying to get money to him because "they were not fed".

Wow, I had no idea! Yeah I don't see them going to Indy or even Denver again without a food truck. No wonder they've stayed in Cali all this time.

As 2011 Drum Major for Gold, I would like to correct the inaccurate assumptions about our first out-of-state tour to Denver this year.

Gold was not only fed three meals a day out of a 28 foot food wagon while on tour, but we also stayed in hotel rooms for most of our tour unlike any other drum corps in DCI (read: complimentary breakfast). In addition, the corps had meals professionally catered at several of the Southern CA shows. Several staff members of both VK and Impulse ate with the corps at these shows. You can ask them how well Gold is fed during the season.

I apologize for any misconstrued impressions you have heard, but our 2011 members and our alumni can vouch that we are probably the best fed, best slept and best traveled corps in the activity. If you have any concerns about how Gold travels and how our members are treated, please feel free to volunteer on tour with us next year. I know that our very dedicated volunteers from this season would be devastated to hear that their hard work is being undermined.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope my post clears things up.

In response to the original post/comment, thank you for your kind thoughts about us. We are certainly trying to make it out further east and support from people like you makes it all possible. We hope to have your support in the upcoming years, as well. =)

Sincerely, Isabel Garcia 2011 Drum Major

Gold Drum & Bugle Corps

• Like 2

Thanks for the response, Isabel. Nothing like getting accurate information from the source. Your efforts, and those of your instructional and support staff, were certainly appreciated by the fans.

Will you be helping with the corps in 2012? Some people seem to think you need a cook.

:satisfied:

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor