Lebanon Leisure Lounge

As St Louis Blues Tv announcer John Kelly would say

PHANTOM REGIMENT...THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!

So I take it you really liked PR's show tonight. PR has always been my favorite corps and I hope they do well, but I really hate everything about their show this year. It's just a personal opinion, but the whole show, music and drill bores me to death.

Phantom needs to figure out how to do classical music with a drill that is not stuck in the 90s. Unfortunately that's never gonna happen until the Farrell reign is over.

• Like 2

SCV was good, bit of a lul in the middle, but it was very good.

Can't speak about tonite... but SCV is already clean, clean, clean. The kids are doing what has been asked of them.... HOWEVER, we all agreed in our suite at DCI Minnesota that the show just isn't going to go anywhere. It's not the kids fault, they are performing what the design team gave them. The design just isn't there for them to make a run for the top.

So I take it you really liked PR's show tonight. PR has always been my favorite corps and I hope they do well, but I really hate everything about their show this year. It's just a personal opinion, but the whole show, music and drill bores me to death.

Phantom needs to figure out how to do classical music with a drill that is not stuck in the 90s. Unfortunately that's never gonna happen until the Farrell reign is over.

I agree with the end of you post...truer words have not been spoken

• Like 2

hey, you should definitely randomly bring up your feelings towards their show in more threads, you haven't in nearly enough yet, lol (yes that's sarcasm)

anywho, what's going on at the show now? almost score time?

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 1

Can't speak about tonite... but SCV is already clean, clean, clean. The kids are doing what has been asked of them.... HOWEVER, we all agreed in our suite at DCI Minnesota that the show just isn't going to go anywhere. It's not the kids fault, they are performing what the design team gave them. The design just isn't there for them to make a run for the top.

Seems that way...like they are willing to take competitive hit until they get the entire 00-06 Caves creative team in place

I totally disagree. The drill is beautifully written to visually describe the struggle of trying to get out of hell. Go to youtube and listen to Greg Anderson play the entire piece, The Devil's Staircase. And be sure to notice Greg's description of the piece before he plays it. I think the music was amazingly put together for the corps, as it would be virtually impossible for any brass line to play this piece as complicated as it is.

The ballad is one of the best being played this year.