Lebanon Leisure Lounge

hey, you should definitely randomly bring up your feelings towards their show in more threads, you haven't in nearly enough yet, lol (yes that's sarcasm)

anywho, what's going on at the show now? almost score time?

back at you.............if this ain't the pot calling the kettle black. lol.

• Like 1

I totally disagree. The drill is beautifully written to visually describe the struggle of trying to get out of hell. Go to youtube and listen to Greg Anderson play the entire piece, The Devil's Staircase. And be sure to notice Greg's description of the piece before he plays it. I think the music was amazingly put together for the corps, as it would be virtually impossible for any brass line to play this piece as complicated as it is.

The ballad is one of the best being played this year.

I have this feeling you are in the minority on this issue.

• Like 1

back at you.............if this ain't the pot calling the kettle black. lol.

there are two of me , and one of the me's isn't actually me. (as stated on my signature haha) otherwise, i have no clue what you're talking about. In any case, it doesn't matter. feel free to pm me though :)

on topic

score time? anyone there?

lol, no doubt among those who find progressive music beyond their grasp.

• Like 1

lol, no doubt among those who find progressive music beyond their grasp.

LOL! What?!?!

I love progressive shows. The people on here you are talking to I imagine do too. The problem with SCV's show, at best, is a show that is written for a drum corps that they do not have currently possess in regards to their current talent pool. At worst, it is an attempt to be intellectual that collapses upon itself with it's own pretentiousness and poor performance.

Personally, I think they show MIGHT be pretty cool... but it is doubtful that we will ever know since the hornline will probably never be able to perform it.

• Like 1

Scores up on DCI. Crown less than a point behind Cavies.

Hmmm I don't know. While you may have come to a different consensus in your suite I tend to agree the vast majority of the comments I have read - the show is screaming, an outstanding vehicle, and if they clean it up they have a shot to move up a bit. This is the first time I have seen them called "clean, clean, clean". Their achievement in performance captions does not support that. I don't care where the majority lies but my opinion is 180 degrees from yours. They could land 5th, 11th or anywhere in between but I love this show.

• Like 1

LOL! What?!?!

I love progressive shows. The people on here you are talking to I imagine do too. The problem with SCV's show, at best, is a show that is written for a drum corps that they do not have currently possess in regards to their current talent pool. At worst, it is an attempt to be intellectual that collapses upon itself with it's own pretentiousness and poor performance.

Personally, I think they show MIGHT be pretty cool... but it is doubtful that we will ever know since the hornline will probably never be able to perform it.

let's just wait and see. they may surprise us. it'd kinda like PR in a way if they do. the times when PR does rise to the top, it's usually in the last week or so. as Farrell said about this show, they have a good idea, they just haven't figured out how to present it yet. AMAZING!!! maybe a rock will fall out of the sky and hit him one the head and he will get some brilliant idea.

Was it Les Etoiles that did the spinning drumline/Snare thing?

correct, '98 i believe.