Crossmen

I was at the Brass Impact show in Olathe, Kansas along with about 5,200 other people. I was manning the recruiting table for our Senior/ All Age Corps most of the time so I heard more than I saw of the Corps. I was sitting there at the table when the Crossmen took the field and this Trumpet just cut through the stadium and actually got my attention.

That trumpet must have had the Turbo Option as I just don't hear many project like that today.

Now I'll have to catch the show in the theatre if possible for buy the recording.

Good Job Crossmen.

They have a habit of finding amazing sop players, that kid who went to BD a couple of years ago is pretty special.

• Like 1

I noticed they've gotten even better since Al Chez last visited them too.

The average age of Crossmen is 18-19. I hope all the kids stay with Crossmen for the next couple years. We need to get the corps back to where it belongs.

RETENTION!

They have a habit of finding amazing sop players, that kid who went to BD a couple of years ago is pretty special.

Not meaning this as a personal slam, since I don't know the kid and don't know the circumstances, but if he were TRULY special, he would have stayed at Crossmen and helped build the corps.

Shame he didn't find what he was looking for at Crossmen.

Not meaning this as a personal slam, since I don't know the kid and don't know the circumstances, but if he were TRULY special, he would have stayed at Crossmen and helped build the corps.

Shame he didn't find what he was looking for at Crossmen.

If the Crossmen are stronger and worth the time, members will stay. You don't pay $1000's of dollars as a kid to help build a program.

If the Crossmen are stronger and worth the time, members will stay. You don't pay $1000's of dollars as a kid to help build a program.

I have to respectfully disagree. If everyone had that attitude, "lower echelon" corps would never come back and would continue to wither away into oblivion.

Fortunately, not everyone feels that way, and some feel that it is worth the time, money and effort and ultimately very rewarding to help build a program.

There is a Crossmen guard age-out who I believe is marching her 8th season this summer. Now she personifies "special." :worthy: