Predict your finishing order for the end of the year.

This is starting to turn into a "Is hornline working harder than colorguard" fight.

Ok

yeah, the guard works hard, but the hornline is usually playing majority of the show. The guard can breathe more often than the hornline can. Simple as that.

And far as Crown shows being harder than the other top 3 corps? Why don't you ask the two 3 year crown vets that went to the cavaliers this year. I'm sure they could actually answer this question.

I'm sorry, but this is a non-answer and just plain rubbish. I've never been involved in a discussion over which is harder nor do I believe it to be appropriate, but your comment is really insulting and does not respect all the members of a corps.

As much as I would like to say:

1. Crown

2. Cadets

3. BD

4. Cavies

I will say:

1. Cavies

2. Cadets

3. BD

4. Crown

Although Crown has the musical GE to win, they do not have the visual GE nor the visual performance to do it.

Are there only 4 corps in the finals this year?

• Like 1

After seeing the Troopers in SA I am convinced that they have the talent across the board (brass, perc and CG) to easily be a finalist corps, maybe as high as 8th. The program, conceptually, could be one of the best in years. Unfortunately, they've been given a program that's a combination of tired (same 'ol same 'ol), sophomoric (a wrinkled, too small tarp that looks unprofessional) and lacks intent most of the program (you don't actually get taken home until the last minutes ofd the program).

There's so much talent there in the corps this year, and the concept could have been really good. But the program may keep them out of finals. Pretty much ruined my evening for the next 30 minutes thinking about it.

I marched with you in 80-81 and respect your opinion. I actually hope that the corps loses the tarp, too. I just kind of gets in the way and is really not necessary. I think that the corps will be able to tweek the show and make it into finals this year. I can only hope that the talent level jumps from this year to next like it did from last year to this year. Maybe next year we could be talking whether or not Troop will be getting into the G8. (I can only hope)!

Sorry...

5. Phantom

6. SCV

7. Bluecoats

8. Boston

9. Blue Stars

10. Madison

11. Blue Knights

12. Spirit

Corbin you have alot of class thanks. I just like to see everyone included. Thanks

1. Cavaliers...98.3

2. Blue Devils...97.65

3. Cadets...97.0

4. Carolina Crown...96

5. Phantom Regiment...94.7

6. Santa Clara Vanguard...92

7. Bluecoats....90

8. Madison Scouts..88.95

9. Blue Stars...87

10. Boston....86.5

11. Blue Knights..86

12. Spirit of Atlanta...85

13. Troopers...84.5

14. Academy...84

15. Glassmen...83.5

16. Crossmen...82

17. Colts...81

I saw these corps in SA and feel that Madison will possibly move up depending on what visual stuff they do. SCV is already making their climb.

After seeing the Troopers in SA I am convinced that they have the talent across the board (brass, perc and CG) to easily be a finalist corps, maybe as high as 8th. The program, conceptually, could be one of the best in years. Unfortunately, they've been given a program that's a combination of tired (same 'ol same 'ol), sophomoric (a wrinkled, too small tarp that looks unprofessional) and lacks intent most of the program (you don't actually get taken home until the last minutes ofd the program).

There's so much talent there in the corps this year, and the concept could have been really good. But the program may keep them out of finals. Pretty much ruined my evening for the next 30 minutes thinking about it.

I dunno, I am a Trooper mark too, but a look at the head to head scores between Troop and Glassmen/Spirit indicates give and take in every caption and subcaption, The judges see one over the other on any given night. With one exception... percussion. Troop is 0'fer against Glassmen and have only beaten Spirit in percussion once. Given how close all three corps are in overall scores at the midway point, I'd say this will be the make or break caption.

Or, I may not have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :tongue:

1. Cavaliers...98.3

2. Blue Devils...97.65

3. Cadets...97.0

4. Carolina Crown...96

5. Phantom Regiment...94.7

6. Santa Clara Vanguard...92

7. Bluecoats....90

8. Madison Scouts..88.95

9. Blue Stars...87

10. Boston....86.5

11. Blue Knights..86

12. Spirit of Atlanta...85

13. Troopers...84.5

14. Academy...84

15. Glassmen...83.5

16. Crossmen...82

17. Colts...81

I saw these corps in SA and feel that Madison will possibly move up depending on what visual stuff they do. SCV is already making their climb.

Madison will not pass Boston Bostons show is designed to makes small changes throughout the year, OPlus Bostons percussion sections is much better technically than madisons.And visually Bostons is much better. Boston will also stay in front of blue knights and blue stars. Its also possible for Boston to pass SCV.BTW bostons perc. section beat Phantoms in Lafayette La.

• Like 2

Madison will not pass Boston Bostons show is designed to makes small changes throughout the year, OPlus Bostons percussion sections is much better technically than madisons.And visually Bostons is much better. Boston will also stay in front of blue knights and blue stars. Its also possible for Boston to pass SCV.BTW bostons perc. section beat Phantoms in Lafayette La.

Madison's musical book is a bit better than Boston's. I had the opportunity to sit in a Madison Concert at the TBA (Texas Bandmasters Convention) and the concept is awesome. If everybody knew how this show was derived, they would look at it different. I think Jim Mason, Thom Hannum and Robert Smith have done a truly awesome job with this show. I like Boston too, but feel Madison's music is better. What might hold back madison is their visual program. Not quite there yet, but getting better under this staff. I didn't march with Madison, but I have a lot of respect for them and especially with the current design team and instructional staff.

Edited by cavies79
  • Like 1