Sevierville, TN

Isn't Sevierville Dolly Parton's home town? No wonder there is a big "hump" in the middle of the field! :thumbup::shutup:

Dolly was actually in the Sevier County high school marching band and played, I think, drums.

And yes, Dolly is from the hills of East Tennessee-and takes them with her wherever she goes.

i still dont understnad why Crossmen cant get a break anybody have the answer?

I don't either. I saw Crossmen Thursday night in Gadsden and thought they did a great job. I would have them right in the thick of the hunt for 12th place, not 7 points back (and I say that as a Spirit alum, corps dad and unabashed honk).

• Like 1

I don't either. I saw Crossmen Thursday night in Gadsden and thought they did a great job. I would have them right in the thick of the hunt for 12th place, not 7 points back (and I say that as a Spirit alum, corps dad and unabashed honk).

At the end of Potter's last Field Pass, he mentions that he has an interview with Academy and their big push to 12th.

Next week's Field Pass will feature Pacific Crest and how they are surging into semis.

This whole thing is a big joke to me. Crossmen is not 7 points back; it's absurd.

Edited by xbones7480

<br />I don't either. I saw Crossmen Thursday night in Gadsden and thought they did a great job. I would have them right in the thick of the hunt for 12th place, not 7 points back (and I say that as a Spirit alum, corps dad and unabashed honk).<br />
<br /><br /><br />

They tie with Colts and then two days later get whipped by 2+ points to the same team?? No Corp in DCI is THAT inconsistent.

Wow. Crossmen dropped and Colts went up by quite a bit. Waiting for a text back to see what's up...

I am starting to beleive in the slotting theory. I just wish all the corps would get scored consistently and justifiably. I am really shaking my head at the judging in general this year.

Kudos to all the kids and the great shows that are out there. I am a little biased since my kid is in the crossmen.

Academy gets a 2.75 bump WOW. They break the 80.00 barrier for the first time, Congratulations! Nips the Troopers by .01, way to climb up the ranks. Incredible tight race between between Crossmen, Colts, Troopers and Academy, but can any of them catch Spirit of Atlanta?

• Like 1

I am starting to beleive in the slotting theory. I just wish all the corps would get scored consistently and justifiably. I am really shaking my head at the judging in general this year.

Kudos to all the kids and the great shows that are out there. I am a little biased since my kid is in the crossmen.

It's more than a theory unfortunately. I, too, am really questioning the judging this year, more than any other year. While my kid is in Crossmen too, I am really trying to be objective. With as many years as I have been involved with corps/band/indoor, this just doesn't make sense to me. I suppose it's another life lesson in "control what you can and don't stress over what you can't". At the end of the season, scores really, truly, are not what the members take away from the summer.

• Like 1

I only marched on that field once, and never want to go back there again. I usually don't complain about field conditions, just false hype it, but that one is awful.

Haha, it's been like that for a loooong time! I remember marching on that field!! If you were near the front sideline, you couldn't see the people's feet on the back sideline! Major hill!!