When Will It Happen?

I think that it's easier for DCI corps to travel because they're basically designed for it. When DCA corps have to travel it can be more complicated.

I think that it's easier for DCI corps to travel because they're basically designed for it. When DCA corps have to travel it can be more complicated.

Nobody said anything about DCI?

I was asking if one DCA corps can do it, why dont others at least try.

I would agree. But I'd also ask what you are currently doing to build your budget in the future so you can?

I'm going to reply to my own post.

Why? "Cause I can." :tongue:

What are the existing DCA corps doing to secure their future? What steps are they taking to be able to travel? I'm sorry if I am coming off as a one-note. But believe me. DCA is going to change. What happens WHEN, (not IF) DCA Championships moves to a non-NE venue? Are the current NE corps prepared to face the same travel challenges that every non-NE corps faces today??

Looking at the tax returns of the current DCA corps (freely available online, as per government rules for 501©3 corporations), I can see that the Hurcs, Bucs and Empire might have the resources to face that issue. But frankly, I worry about any other DCA corps.

Sidenote:

Looking at the tax returns of the current DCA corps (freely available online, as per government rules for 501©3 corporations), I can see that the Hurcs, Bucs and Empire might have the resources to face that issue. But frankly, I worry about any other DCA corps.

and along with your other post about MBI....

Seems that the top 4 corps are the most financially stable....coincidence?

Edited by skeptic

and along with your other post about MBI....

sidenote: Seems that the top 4 corps are the most financially stable....coincidence?

You are right. Not a coincidence at all. This very fact needs to be a wake-up call to EVERY DCA corps.

Now Pat, you're getting a bit picky here... it's basically the same.... St. Paul to Rochester 1000.45 miles St. Paul to Annapolis 1120.95 miles

what's 120 miles among friends?

:ph34r:

Two runs to Patrick's on 3rd for lunch my friend ! :innocent:

"Makes me no never mind" ($1 to Maj. Frank Burns)

Just trying to open a few eyes and/or a few minds, that's all. :biggrin:

Pat

Edited by goalieguy

Nobody said anything about DCI?

I was asking if one DCA corps can do it, why dont others at least try.

I should have been more specific. I said that because I'm hearing the same thing here that I've heard on DCI threads many times and that's that west coast corps travel to the east coast fairly often, but getting east coast corps to travel to the west coast is like pulling teeth. East coast corps (be they DCI OR DCA) have always been vunerable to that accusation.

I'm going to reply to my own post.

Why? "Cause I can." :tongue:

What are the existing DCA corps doing to secure their future? What steps are they taking to be able to travel? I'm sorry if I am coming off as a one-note. But believe me. DCA is going to change. What happens WHEN, (not IF) DCA Championships moves to a non-NE venue? Are the current NE corps prepared to face the same travel challenges that every non-NE corps faces today??

A couple salient point that have been overlooked,,................finals has been in Rochester for the last half dozen years, and shows in the area were a lot more plentiful just a couple years ago, and Brigs and Cru could not hold on financially,.................The other more interesting thing to me is that when you have many corps that are relatively close to one another, members tend to hop around with the trends,........and as staff move around,.....I realize when you travel 2-300 miles to march with corps like Renegades, etc. that's your corps, no other choices,... in the NE, you might have 3 or 4 corps to choose from,...........this dynamic I would guess is relatively new but very well known to the two excellent corps from Atlanta,.......IMO, what this really demonstrates is the DCA regional concept of slow growth in regions across the country can work, verses the DCI national concept where there is only one corps from metro areas and regions, where at one time corps were plentiful in many regions/areas,............ in a lot of cases, you needed more than two hands to count the corps from an area,...............